WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
GMT Master II
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I retired a couple years ago. Have just had a sub serviced and (since it had been abused) the cost was a bit much for my new budget.

I’m wondering if it’s time to thin the herd (not being able to afford regular maintenance), who needs 3x Rolex dive watches, anyway.

Which would you keep?
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

I also have a couple old GMT II and an Explorer II (but the wife won’t let me have it back).

Don’t worry, I‘m not selling on this forum.

· Registered
GMT Master II
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have to agree with Spaceview. The green one’s bigger dots make it easier to read at night than the other two.
Appreciate the thought, Tundra. The SD is the only of these three that I actually have box and papers for... I still want to get everything serviced before I can sell with a clean conscience.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

as it’s not a tritium watch the SD does glow pretty brightly despite being 15-20 years old

· Registered
32 Posts
I still want to get everything serviced before I can sell with a clean conscience.
I’ve generally found this isn’t worth it. Most wont pay any premium for your service, unless it’s a really well known watchmaker. And many buyers will send it to their watchmaker for inspection and service anyway. Personally I prefer to sell to a dealer rather than mess around with all the tire-kickers.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Tonelar, did you consider Mark Sirianni? I have also had very good results from them and a couple others. Like John said, around 200 bucks. I've only used an AD once, very expensive and have been very pleased with non AD service. Derek Hadfield is another very good rolex tech.

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
This thread is already 6 months old. I'm sure all the decisions have been made by this time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts