WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
is it possible to make white lume?

The lume should look white at night just like the Lexux RX SUV?
I don't have an answer to your question... but as a driver of a low-to-the-ground sports car, I absolutely hate the RX's HID headlamps. Lexus and Acura always seem to be the worst with aiming their headlamps properly. Absolutely blinding. :cursing:

Anyway, sorry just a pet peeve of mine. :001_tt2:

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
The camera made it look more white than it really is in my shot. If the room is still dimly lit it comes across as a pale green/white because the numbers white color is still visible. But the darker the surroundings the more green it becomes. That's the only way I can explain it.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Do you mean that the lume glows white, or looks white in colour during the day? I haven't seen a white glowing lume, it is always tinted green/yellow/blue/etc. But I have seen lume that looks white when not glowing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like white lume that look white at night. If Lum Tec can make orange lume, then it can make white lume too right?
Possible but it would be hard, here's the EM spectrum:

To make white light, you need to mix red, green and blue light in the correct ratio (3 different types of lume required). It might also be possible to use yellow and blue as a shortcut.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Correct. We use a custom grade Super-Luminova. We work closely with RCtritec in Switzerland and they can make us whatever we need it seems! They have yet to fail us.
Thanks for that info Chris. I take it the reason green tint is the brightest is to do with how the human eye perceives light or is there another reason?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks for that info Chris. I take it the reason green tint is the brightest is to do with how the human eye perceives light or is there another reason?
I believe C3 SuperLuminova is naturally a light green color and any other color variant is the result of different color pigments being applied to the lume compound (or more likely the binder?) to "tint" it another color. As you can probably imagine, the obvious trade-off of this process is that the added color pigments adversely affect the SuperLuminova's fluorescence.

I'm sure Chris will chime in when he has a chance with a better answer, but I believe that's the basic gist of it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.