WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted quite a bit about some watches I bought at an auction and here's another one. I haven' been able to get the back off and it looks like some others before me have scratched it up trying. I'm wondering if I should try any more or just toss it into the garbage.

There is nothing to show age and there is no serial number anywhere. It is light, apparently made of pot metal, and it runs a little while if I wind it. What is the consensus, is it even really a Bulova ?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
What kind of case opener you have?
I have a few different ones including professional 3-point opener. This is the first case with which I have had this much difficulty. I don't really need to open it now as it runs well but wanted to see which mvt. is in this Franken. Didn't even buy it to wear but just as an oddity for display. It is a Chinese knock-off of a Vostok Komandirskie - a strange thing to do for such an inexpensive watch to begin with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a few different ones including professional 3-point opener. This is the first case with which I have had this much difficulty. I don't really need to open it now as it runs well but wanted to see which mvt. is in this Franken. Didn't even buy it to wear but just as an oddity for display. It is a Chinese knock-off of a Vostok Komandirskie - a strange thing to do for such an inexpensive watch to begin with.
Your going to need one of these then.
White Light Product Household appliance accessory Scientific instrument

And the know how to use it. Also one of these needs to be bolted down to a heavy work bench.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.