WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Is cobalt chromium stronger than stainless steel 316L ?

is it actually scratch proof?
Nothing is scratch proof.. It's more scratch resistant than stainless steel and has a higher density.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'll repeat this picture for anyone who hasn't seen it before:
Plant Product Font Material property Automotive design

The cobalt chrome is the sample in front, the platinum is the one in back...for colour comparison. Hey-maybe I can get a "grill" to match my new watch this summer!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'll repeat this picture for anyone who hasn't seen it before:
View attachment 35339
The cobalt chrome is the sample in front, the platinum is the one in back...for colour comparison. Hey-maybe I can get a "grill" to match my new watch this summer!
I think most grey metals look similar, surface textures often play a bigger role than the element/alloy used. I picked up a platinum Rolex in a shop and it looked no different to steel but the density was very noticeable. CC looks very slightly greyer than platinum in that photo - I'm not even sure it would be noticeable in real life.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Unless they were side-by-side, you're probably right. When Chris first announced the CC, I went looking for an example of what it would look like & that picture was the most....comparitive that I could find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.