WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,946 Posts
YES. I would be interested in an Apple Watch. Since IPhones always use The U S Atomic click as their reference, the Apple Watch, linked to an IPhone would always be accurate. Getting notification of messages & calls is a nice bonus. I will never give up interest in auto's, but could also love a smart watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Like quartz watches, for better or worse, they are watches...

· Registered
30 Posts
If anything "smartwatches" are EXACTLY that - durable and ultra reliable!
They are as long as the current infrastructure endures, and they are charged up for a days use. Like the phones they pair with must also be charged up for a days use. I don't honestly know what the outcome would be or how you could challenge a mechanical vs electronic smart watch in a durability match. They are oranges and apples in difference and sorry for the reference. :blushing:

· Registered
51 Posts
For me a watch is a timepiece in as much as it creates and measures its own movements by releasing energy at a determined rate of speed, therefore creating its own "time" whereas gadgets like iPhones and Apple watches, etc download the time and not "create" the time, basically outsource the time creation. So for me the answer is that yes they are Watches in the broad sense of the word but are not timepieces. But having said that, FC has made a watch that is both timepiece and gadget. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with durability. https://smartwatch.frederiqueconstant.com/

· Registered
4 Posts
I don't consider the current crop of smart watches to be a viable alternative to a watch. Sure they are technically as much a watch as most any quartz watch, but until their battery life is improved greatly, I won't wear one. A "watch" shouldn't require recharging daily or even weekly. My phone tells time, but I don't consider it a watch!

kev

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.