WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want is Invicta's impact directly or indirectly in the watch industry and the consumer market?

Just a question that might make us all think a little.

For me the answer would be:

1. Has started many people into collecting watches.
2. Has helped in bring automatic watches back into style.
3. Is a major reason why larger watches are here to stay.
4. Has pushed the old guard to offer better watches at their lower price points.

What do you think?:001_smile:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Want is Invicta's impact directly or indirectly in the watch industry and the consumer market?

Just a question that might make us all think a little.

For me the answer would be:

1. Has started many people into collecting watches.
2. Has helped in bring automatic watches back into style.
3. Is a major reason why larger watches are here to stay.
4. Has pushed the old guard to offer better watches at their lower price points.

What do you think?:001_smile:

totally agree.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Auto, I couldn't agree more. Plus it has put Hollywood on the map. . . Hollywood, FL that is.:blink:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm of the opinion that Invicta has barely scratched the surface of things yet to come for the brand. A very exciting company with very exciting products and a very attractive price. But just to give you an example of what I mean... when I took my first purchase (9011) to the local jewelers to be sized, not one of the sales people had heard of Invicta and they were an authorized Seiko dealer. The day is coming when EVERYONE will be familiar with the Invicta brand.

Remember... you heard it here first.

Dave

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Large watches = Fad

I agree with the exception of larger watches. I think that is a fad that is here and will go. Keep some space where ever your leisure suit was stored for the large watches.:lol:
Just MHO.:crying:

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with the exception of larger watches. I think that is a fad that is here and will go. Keep some space where ever your leisure suit was stored for the large watches.:lol:
Just MHO.:crying:
let me clarify a large watch is anything over 43mm. Because until a five years ago the average watch was no larger then 40mm.

Remember when the Seiko Monster came out it was a very big watch, now it is an average size watch.

Large watches are here to stay.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I concur as well Auto. Invicta has done a great deal to bring regular Joe's into the watch collecting game. You don't have to be a millionaire to buy well-made automatic watches.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I also concur with auto except on price.I see that these so called Big Guys only charging more and more.This year alone I have seen at least 2 increases on the Swiss Big Boys.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
I fear we are going to see price increases with Invicta. The Lalo announced yesterday that there will be price increases after the first of the year because of increases to the cost of movements and steel.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I think you guys are absolutely correct. The selling price on both of my Ocean Ghost quartz watches have gone up over $60.00. I think there will be more increases to come right throughout the entire line. Buy em now while the prices are low!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
When I said large I guess I ment, HUGE

Let me clarify. When I said large, I was talking about the 50mm and above.
The area of lets say less than 4mm, I don't really see as large. I guess everything is relative. I have one Invicta that is 48mm and that is as big as I will ever have. I think it is just a tad too large, but I did buy it.

Nothing surprises me so I would not be surprised to find my prediction wrong. However, I still think the HUGE watch thing will pass.
For example often the Sunday Run sells out. The last two watches that were up were huge divers and they did not. The month before that it was a 48mm multi function. It seems they did sell out of the yellow face they were offering but the orange did not. However, the orange was only up for about 8 hours or so.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Me and my wife were in the mall yesterday and I was checking out the Tissot's in a jewelry store and the fella behind the counter struck up a conversation regarding watches. He was amazed that Invicta was selling Swiss Made watches well below the retail of other higher named brand watches. What was so weird was that I was wearing my Philip with the sun ray dial and the V7750 under the hood. He actually bought up Invicta's name. I think Invicta will rule the world at some point as long as there is no scandal of course.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let me clarify. When I said large, I was talking about the 50mm and above.
The area of lets say less than 4mm, I don't really see as large. I guess everything is relative. I have one Invicta that is 48mm and that is as big as I will ever have. I think it is just a tad too large, but I did buy it.

Nothing surprises me so I would not be surprised to find my prediction wrong. However, I still think the HUGE watch thing will pass.
For example often the Sunday Run sells out. The last two watches that were up were huge divers and they did not. The month before that it was a 48mm multi function. It seems they did sell out of the yellow face they were offering but the orange did not. However, the orange was only up for about 8 hours or so.
Charlie, I agree with you on the XL watches. I love the styles, but I don't want all my watches to be bigger then a Russian Diver.
This from a guy who likes larger watches.

Thanks for clarifing.:thumbup1:
AutoMovt

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Certainly, Invicta has influenced the watch market. But I think the brand's lesson is really all about the power of TV.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Sorry but as popular as Invictas are in the TV and watch forum arena I doubt that the Hayeks,et al are all that concerned.
Granted they have some nice offerings but they have a long way to go before they impact the world of Swatch Group,LVMH,Richemont and other influential "players " in the watch world.

·
Registered
981 Posts
With due respect I think that there should be some worry. I think that for models that are not top tier from name brands are at risk. I say this because of the fact that if a watch brand can't keep up with variations of models. Sure the elite models will be unfazed but for those brands Movado, perhaps even Tag and other names in that caliber they should be concerned. Invicta is poised to top 2 Million watches next year. Regardless of how one feels about the brand the CEO the reality is this: Invicta has movements when no one else does ETA as well as Selita, and Miotya. Now Invicta is capable of producing thier own movements as well. This may or may not concern Rolex, and brands in that league but for everyone else? I think there is a need to worry.JMHO

PS the last time the Swiss industry failed to take notice they almost became extinct. ALA the quartz revolution.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry but as popular as Invictas are in the TV and watch forum arena I doubt that the Hayeks,et al are all that concerned.
Granted they have some nice offerings but they have a long way to go before they impact the world of Swatch Group,LVMH,Richemont and other influential "players " in the watch world.
Sorry, Foghorn I don't agree with your assessment.
Mr. Hayek the man that saved the Swiss watch industry has taken notice of Invicta and other small up and coming brands. Remember he saved the Swiss watch industry with a low cost quartz watch.
ETA movements are going to be only in group use. Why? It is a money makers for Swatch. Hayek is making sure companies like Invicta don't take profits from his watch group now and in the long run.
So yes the big boys are watching, it would be foolish not to. Of course Lalo could drop the ball and Invicta could be a distant memory in five years from now or they could top 10 million units.
Only time will tell.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
I have it on good authority that before Invicta became popular, Nick Heyak used to wear just one watch.

Now look at him. . .

At night, he can be heard roaming the halls of his castle screaming ")(*&^*&$^%[email protected]*%$ that Lalo. (*&^^&#[email protected]!)(*)_.:D
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Too funny Rusty.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sorry, Foghorn I don't agree with your assessment.
Mr. Hayek the man that saved the Swiss watch industry has taken notice of Invicta and other small up and coming brands. Remember he saved the Swiss watch industry with a low cost quartz watch.
ETA movements are going to be only in group use. Why? It is a money makers for Swatch. Hayek is making sure companies like Invicta don't take profits from his watch group now and in the long run.
So yes the big boys are watching, it would be foolish not to. Of course Lalo could drop the ball and Invicta could be a distant memory in five years from now or they could top 10 million units.
Only time will tell.
Good point but remember Eyal has not cut his ties with ETA(I read somewhere that ETA had cut his company off) Invicta is in fact a registered user of ETA movements. Also being one of the first companies to sign on with Selita doesn't hurt either. Bottom line is this you can get a Invicta watch for as little as 99 bucks or you can buy one for 60,000 bucks. And having 1.7 million units per year sold is IMO nothing to sneeze at. It's like having a Lexus you can have the low end model or you can have one with all the bells and whistles. I can't think of one high end watch maker that can make that boast.JMHO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts