WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I spent my hard earn money on buyin a meteorite or a MOP or a sandstone dial from this watch com, do you guys at WTF believe you are getting the real deal? I'm only new to this brand and I'm starting to doubt this brand. How can they sell swiss watches this cheap? Or are they something else?:cursing: I've seen the report on their sandstone dial from a gemotologist. And it is not what they say it is...:001_tt2: So what do you WTF members think of this brand's honesty?:huh::eek:hmy::cursing:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My experience with Invicta is that they are pretty straightforward about what they are selling. The "Swiss Movement" is supposed to made in Switzerland, but the watches are assembled elsewhere.

You can try Discount Watch Shop I 've bought all of my Invicts from them, good service and quick delivery.

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
I suppose it all comes down to your definition of "real deal" and the issue of quality.
Your MOP watch will have MOP...just not the same grade as you'd find in a fine jewelry store. A meteorite dial will be made of meteorite but it won't be anything valuable (meteorites are more common than you'd think). The same is true with diamonds. Some are worth a couple thou per carat while others are only good for turning into tiny chips and gluing onto industrial grinding wheels or K-Mart knife sharpeners.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose it all comes down to your definition of "real deal" and the issue of quality.
Your MOP watch will have MOP...just not the same grade as you'd find in a fine jewelry store. .
The issue here is not about the quality of the pearl. MOP dial on Invicta watches. Are they real MOP? Or is it just pearl paint? I read a gemotologist report about Invicta's blue sandstone dial. They are not wht Invicta say it is. So I was wondering about their MOP dial and their Meteorite dials. Are the real or its just paint.

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
... I read a gemotologist report about Invicta's blue sandstone dial. They are not wht Invicta say it is....
I was not aware of that gemology report. I guess I'll just wait until someone with first-hand knowledge of MOP Invictas chimes in. :blushing:

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
If you have any doubts about the validity of their materials then I suggest you don't purchase an Invicta. I've seen the report you speak of and I question the source. I've been happy with my watches.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Report:

Sandstone gemotologist report:

The dial is a mix of particles in synthetic quartz. Sandstone is not a synthetic and does not come in a black color. It does not contain the metallic flakes that are present in this dial. If a stone is synthetic, it is man-made and cannot be called natural. Many crystals are referred to as “Sapphire”, but they are also synthetic. Also, Sandstone is an amalgam and is not hard enough on its own to form the dial. Does this help?:cursing::eek:hmy:

Linda

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wtf..............

Yes...........I'm taking my money and spent it somewhere else. Thks to Ulackfocus (opening up my eyes)and the forum. U learn alot more and quicker from sites like this. Hopefully they are the only one trading like this in the watch industry. No, I'm not talking about Bernie Mandoff.:lol::lol::001_tt2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, for members who are planning to buy a standstone dial watch from Invicta. Read the gemotologist report posted above before throwing your money away.It's not just their sandstone dial, Beware of their MOP dial n meteorite dial as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My experience with Invicta is that they are pretty straightforward about what they are selling. The "Swiss Movement" is supposed to made in Switzerland, but the watches are assembled elsewhere.

You can try Discount Watch Shop.com I 've bought all of my Invicts from them, good service and quick delivery.
Just for the record and for the benefit of the newbs and the uniformed, this bunk about Swiss made or not has been beaten to death for the longest. But you should know, that SOME Invictas have Swiss movements and are assembled elsewhere. But you should also be aware they also have totally all Swiss timepieces that are made by and for Invicta as well. Yes, they are totally produced and assembled in Switzerland. Invicta all Swiss pieces meet certain criteria which some people have a tendency to overlook. There are only a handful of them granted, but they are exactly what they say they are, you just need to know what you are looking for. Any Invicta timepiece powered by the ETA A07 Valgrange series, Valjoux 7750-7751 are assembled and produced in Swiss shops. Some of the ETA G10 and 251 series chrono movements are totally Swiss made, usually found in Reserve Sub Aqua Specialties and the Ocean Reef series, all Swiss made. There is one retailer out there that actually tells you exactly what you are buying if your concerned if it is or isnt all Swiss and that is ShopNbc.They try to adhere to truth in advertising, I think they were partially responsible for exposing the fact that Invicta misrepresented the brand / label. A lot of things changed and abruptly I might add. Look at the bottom of the page where the stats are and you'll see exactly where it comes from, be it Swiss/China. Swiss/Swiss or whatever, they don't hide it on any Invicta watch they sell now. Few if any Swiss quartz watches are totally Swiss made with the exception of some of the ETA powered ones. Rhonda Corp has been a manufacturer of Swiss movements for many years and for Invicta, but few of them share the distinction of "All Swiss Made" The Invicta Reserve line of watches for years were associated with all "Swiss" timepieces, not any more. But some still are, you just have to know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Deceptive Trade Practices...............

Invicta is a registered U.S watch company. They are not a swiss company so they are not required to follow the Swiss Made regulation which require a watch to have 51% swiss parts and the final inspection in Swiss. But they continue using the Swiss Made on their watches.IMO, those ETA 7750 Pro Divers are actually the Chinese made ETA 7750 version. I'll be very careful with watches bearing the imprint INVICT A. :cursing::cursing:

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
The problems with Invicta have been well documented on forums like this for years so everytime this stuff gets rehashed I just have to roll my eyes a little. I simple google or WTF forum search would reveal that all of this has been discussed before. I think its time to move on. There is no need to carry this torch unless some new info pops up. I suggest that you move on to another brand and please remember that this is an Invicta forum for fans of Invicta.

The problem with alot of this stuff is that it is based on opinion and unverified information found on the internet posted by individuals that have a serious ax to grind with the company. So I take everything with a grain of salt. I've always asked myself that if all of this stuff were 100% true why hasn't anyone sued Invicta for fraud, and yet no one has. Of course everything posted on the net is 100% true right

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
@patsbosoxfan

This is the same with Bernie Mandoff. Accountants reported him to the department but he still continue to trade. No lawsuit or charges laid. He went on trading for 20 yrs and became the Director of NASDAQ. It all finally came undone in 2010 after 20 yrs of deceptive practices and billions of dollars of investors money scam. Maybe those investors deserve it. They've been warn but continue to ignore it. Its a matter of time..............for Invicta:cool1:

This is a Invicta forum for fans and information about Invicta. Posted by Rusty.

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
This thread has stayed off-topic long enough. We're here to talk about watches, not people unrelated to horology.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.