WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering does anyone have a database or knows where to download one. I've been putting together my own, however I only have 22. I'm gonna do an Excel sheet with pic and model number and movement type. if anyone wants to contribute to the excel database email me at my personnel address and I will add ur watch specs. if this takes off I will send the database to those who want it. I think it would help. I know when I look at invicta watches on ebay that may need repair or as is. It would help me to know what engine is in it, then I could shop around to price the movement and see if it's worth getting. I'm kinda geeky like that :).

·
Registered
133 Posts
This would be cool. I bet between everyone that most models would be covered. If not every watch. I don't know what movement is in most of mine. Descriptions usually don't mention it. They say Swiss quarts, or something basic like that. The only ones I know I have are the auto's because they say, or are mentioned in a description.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool I really hope I can get some specs. I open my cases and take pics of my movements and usually put in my watch book. I'm looking to do it up on an excel sheet with pictures and once I get a good amount of specs put it out there for any to reference. I have some specs on watches I don't own and ones I do own. If u know ur model number I can see if I have the info if I'll have to search around. I've purchased some invictas on the bay that were not working. So I would Go to three different watch supply houses and order the parts and it myself. I've replaced movements to include replacing hands. Crystals And stems. Kinda got into watches about a year ago just vintage bulovas Elgin benrus and hamiltons. I had a tag and still do, pro series 2000 purchased in 1988. Also a tourneau and an omega plus some others not a lot . Now I gotta get three twenty slot watch boxes for my herd lol

·
Banned
7 Posts
Great idea to have this, I would recommend putting your file up on google docs and leaving it available for write-access so people reading this thread can add to it on the fly.

BTW anyone have a calibration instructions for Miyota 0S10 and 0S11 for the chrono minutes-hand? On the miyota website, it only tells you how to adjust the chrono-seconds hand only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.