WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, so I purchased an Invicta 8926OBV3 (NH35A movement) from eBay for $100 brand new which arrived today and I love it.

The problem is that I really like the Timex submariner and today I went to J Crew and couldn't resist to buy one.

I bought the Timex and 2 leather (18mm) bands and one nylon all for $140.

I really like both. The Invicta is more for a daily use but the Timex is more for a formal occasion.

What are your thoughts and experiences with these watches? I guess my biggest dilemma is if I should really keep the Timex? Or should I keep both?

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
I really like that Timex. It's refreshing to look at diver watches with a personalities that don't try to copy something that's much more, um, famous. As long as no financial hardship is involved, there's no reason why you can't have both.
When I bought my Invicta Speedway, I never considered selling my Timex to help finance the deal.

\\
\

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like that Timex. It's refreshing to look at diver watches with a personalities that don't try to copy something that's much more, um, famous. As long as no financial hardship is involved, there's no reason why you can't have both.
When I bought my Invicta Speedway, I never considered selling my Timex to help finance the deal.

\\
\
Thanks a lot, those are gorgeous watches!

I think im just concerned about having 2 or more watches of same style ( I will eventually try to get the Rolex tho :) )

It's just really hard to choose between these two because even tho they are both subs they are so different. Love them both!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I sure don't see any reason to not keep them both if you like the style. That Timex is a nice looking watch.
In my case I got the Rolex first and I'm not sorry but, if I was a sane person instead of a WIS, I'd have to wonder why I have kept the Rolex. The 8926 does everything the Rolex does and it does them very well. The others work amazing well also and since then I've picked up another even cheaper homage that works well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure don't see any reason to not keep them both if you like the style. That Timex is a nice looking watch.
In my case I got the Rolex first and I'm not sorry but, if I was a sane person instead of a WIS, I'd have to wonder why I have kept the Rolex. The 8926 does everything the Rolex does and it does them very well. The others work amazing well also and since then I've picked up another even cheaper homage that works well.

wow that rolex looks amazing!!!!!

I will definitely keep them both. they are both alike but yet so different and unique.

my main concern was to have 2 of the same style of the watch (in this case the sub) but I can live with that.

what kind of rolex is that if you dont mind me asking I want that exact one (basically the classic 40mm rolex)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.