WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum but have several Invictas. I have three issues I am hoping anyone may be able to help me with.

1. My Inivcta Venom Model 6110 some times keeping time but the stopwatch works?

2. I live on a beautiful island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean however none of the jewelers can remove the screw down case backs on my invicta watches. They advise that the watches i.e. SAN III's, Sea Hunters and Venoms I have are too large for them to remove with their rolex and standard sized watch tools. Any ideas on how to best unscrew the case backs without sending them to Invicta for service?

3. Any suggested tools anyone may know of or use themelves to service their Invicta watches?

Any help is appreciated and I thank everyone in advance for their input.

Brgds,

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to WTF in general!
#1) I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Can you re-phrase the question?

#2) (Gee, who couldn't foresee this happening?) :blushing: 2 possible solutions come to mind. The first is to carefully use a pair of LARGE needlenose pliers. Place the plier tips in opposite caseback indentations and twist. And cover the back with masking tape (or something similar) to prevent scratching.
The second solution is a soft and sticky rubber ball. If you have something like that already, great, or you can get one on eBay for about the equivalent of 5 USD.
Just push the ball against the back of the case and twist. I have one I got from the Bay and as long as it is reasonably inflated, it really works. And the bigger the watch, the BETTER it works.

#3) As for tools- I just have a case knife for the watch case backs that pop off (basically my vintage Gruens and Hamiltons) and a spring bar tool for changing straps and bracelets. Anything beyond that goes to my regular watch repair guy.
If you think you want to go farther than that there are cheap "watch tool kits" that have all the basic tools (soft hammer, bar tool, screwdrivers, plastic tweezers, watch case vise, link extractor, etc. available on the Bay. These kits are okay for occasional light or infrequent repairs.
here is your typical inexpensive watch repair tool kit

If you are going to use watch tools on a regular basis: make a list of what you are going to want and go to a tool distributor like Jules Borel and spend your money on high quality pieces made by companies like BERGEON. It's true they cost more, but they'll last through many many repairs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Comet Hunter!

I have already placed an order for the ball that you recommended. Hope it works out.

Concerning my first question, I originally thought that my Invicta Venom watch battery was dead due to the fact that the second hand (6 o'clock position) would periodically stop moving thus not keep accurate time. However the stopwatch still works even though the the actual time keeping does not?

Any ideas on what to do? I have heard really bad stories when dealing with sending watches to Invicta for service and repair and would like to leave them as a last resort.

Brgds,

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
If it's still under warranty, take it back to the seller for an exchange. If not, then I'm afraid I don't know. Several have had a problem like yours, and nobody has come back to me with a good solution.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.