WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I met my neighborhood watchmaker today. He works out of his house and is literally blocks from where I live. Anyway we had a lengthy discussion about all things WIS in nature. I left him my Gun Metal Diver and 2 other watches. I will report back to this thread what he finds going on in the SW-200. I hope I am impressed with his work as I really need to establish a relationship with a good watch guy.

· Registered
75 Posts
I also had a problem with a new Pro Diver with a SW200 movement. It stopped working after 5 months and would not be hand wound and rotor was not working.

I sent it under warranty to Invicta and it came back in a month working.

I read that Invicta had problems with the SW200. The winding gears were breaking easily.

Good luck with your jeweler. Let us know what he finds with the SW200 problems.

· Registered
390 Posts
My 3824 LE Diamond Diver with the SW-200 swiss auto movement has been my everyday watch for 3 years- at the 5 year mark I plan on getting it oiled and serviced locally and will be sure to check for any crown winding issues as well.

· Registered
2 Posts
I just returned my second 9937 with the Selitta to Invicta. Maria says that they will exchange it for another watch, but that they have no more 9937. I am beginning to think that it might be wise to ask them for two Sapphire Auto Divers, with the Miyota movement, in exchange. I am not sure that I want to againhtry another model with the Selitta. Thoughts, please.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
I have long decided against buying one of the nicer Pro Divers with the SW200 because of the movements unreliability in that watch. I would take the Miyota over it. At least wrestle them out of a good Grand Diver or something! ;)

· Registered
3,446 Posts
I just returned my second 9937 with the Selitta to Invicta. Maria says that they will exchange it for another watch, but that they have no more 9937. I am beginning to think that it might be wise to ask them for two Sapphire Auto Divers, with the Miyota movement, in exchange. I am not sure that I want to againhtry another model with the Selitta. Thoughts, please.
What?? No more 9937's. Hummm I wonder if......Nah there is no way they would stop making their bread and butter would they?:confused1:

· Registered
22 Posts
Hi all. The first time I posted here was to inquire how to manual wind a 9937 with a SW200. Well, I returned the watch. After resizing it, the watch fell because the screw on the bracelet fell off, I couldn't find it. I also noticed before that there was a minor chip on the case, which I overlooked, but after the bracelet, time to go.

What I did was get a refund because I found out, the retailer no longer has the 9937 and will not be getting any more.

I was able to snag an older 9937 with the ETA 2824. I hope this will last me a few years until I get a different submariner homage.

Couple of complaints I had about the SW200 movement. The rotor was terrible. I mean really had to shake the watch to get it to move. I had seen videos of 2824 movements and the rotor moved with a nudge. So either Invicta messed up with their decorated rotor or SW200 rotors are not up to par with ETA's. The other part was listening to the quick beating of the movement. SW200 once in a while sounded out of time. This ETA is steady, and constant. I also noticed time keeping. The SW200 kept GOOD time. But ONLY when it was at perfect level. If I wear it, sometimes it's 15 seconds off, sometimes 4 F***ing minutes off...

Then I read SW200 movements comes in different grades and Invicta may use the lowest grade. Maybe lowest grade means defective? I don't know, but I was underwhelmed needless to say. So I went searching for a ETA 2824 and found it. Will begin saving up for a diver watch with ETA at reasonable price but more original design :)

· Registered
3,446 Posts
Hi all. The first time I posted here was to inquire how to manual wind a 9937 with a SW200. Well, I returned the watch. After resizing it, the watch fell because the screw on the bracelet fell off, I couldn't find it. I also noticed before that there was a minor chip on the case, which I overlooked, but after the bracelet, time to go.

What I did was get a refund because I found out, the retailer no longer has the 9937 and will not be getting any more.

I was able to snag an older 9937 with the ETA 2824. I hope this will last me a few years until I get a different submariner homage.
That 9937 with the ETA was a good find. Get some locktight 222 for those bracelet screws and you will be good to go!

· Registered
1,304 Posts
Yeah try to stay away from Invicta's SW200s... I don't know if its Invicta's fault, The movement itself or both, but all I have heard about Invictas with that movement is trouble. The ETA on the other hand sounds to be a great buy, post pictures when you can!

· Registered
113 Posts
Your lucky Ive been hunting that bad boy for a while,,where did you get it?

Couple of complaints I had about the SW200 movement. The rotor was terrible. I mean really had to shake the watch to get it to move. I had seen videos of 2824 movements and the rotor moved with a nudge. So either Invicta messed up with their decorated rotor or SW200 rotors are not up to par with ETA's. The other part was listening to the quick beating of the movement. SW200 once in a while sounded out of time. This ETA is steady, and constant. I also noticed time keeping. The SW200 kept GOOD time. But ONLY when it was at perfect level. If I wear it, sometimes it's 15 seconds off, sometimes 4 F***ing minutes off...

Then I read SW200 movements comes in different grades and Invicta may use the lowest grade. Maybe lowest grade means defective? I don't know, but I was underwhelmed needless to say. So I went searching for a ETA 2824 and found it. Will begin saving up for a diver watch with ETA at reasonable price but more original design :)

· Registered
75 Posts
The watch I had repaired a few months ago with the SW200 problem is again not running well. It runs for about 15 hours and then stops. I have to give it a few gyrations and it starts again.

There is definitely a problem with the SW 200. I will not purchase another watch with this movement.

· Banned
546 Posts
The watch I had repaired a few months ago with the SW200 problem is again not running well. It runs for about 15 hours and then stops. I have to give it a few gyrations and it starts again.

There is definitely a problem with the SW 200. I will not purchase another watch with this movement.
Many brands now use this movement and for some reason brands other than Invicta have been relatively problem free.

At some point, these brands must have an extra level of quality care and inspection. Invicta is price driven and MAY not be do this extra step before it ships out.:confused1:

· Banned
964 Posts
Those brands do thier own QC and are using a higher grade Stelita movement together with a more precise putting together of the watch. No doubt Stelita can make a high grade movement, even the current 26J Invicta is using is capable of COSC specs, but then again so is a Miyota movement so thats not saying much.

· Registered
2 Posts
The Saga of my 9937 with SW200

Does anyone have an email address for Maria in the "service department," any one else in that department, if the department really exists, or anyone with authority in the company? Maria is not returning my calls about swapping out my 9937 with the SW200 (it's a 9937 replacement they sent me a few weeks ago -- it worked far more horribly than the original one!) for a Miyota powered watch or watches. I need to do something to get their attention! I wish I could figure out how to get jurisdiction over them in Maryland so that I could conveniently sue them!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.