WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Invicta "Submariner" Diver Watch Without Cyclops SOLD

For Sale: Invicta 8926 with the "coin edge". This is the Invicta that looks like the Submariner. The watch is 1.5 years old. I originally attempted to remove the cyclops and cracked the crystal so I sent it to Invicta and they put in a new crystal without the cyclops per my request. The movement is the ubiquitious Miyota. The watch is good to 200 meters.

The watch has an almost imperceptible scratch on the crystal. In real time wearing I have a lot of difficultly seeing it but magnified in the photo it can be seen-- it is the line that runs about 2-3mm to the Invicta emblem. OK, it is not perfect. I am including a 20mm wide leather Breitling style band (worn a few times) which is blue in color. I can substitute a black Breitling style leather band if blue is not your color--essentially I am throwing in a leather band. The watch keeps superb time (I timed it over the past week and it was off by about 12 seconds). The crown is the screw down type. I am selling the whole package for $55 which includes shipping within the USA. You will be getting an Invicta "Submariner" without the cyclops for about half of what you will pay for a new one with a gawdy, ugly cyclops (hey, they call it a cyclops for a reason).

If interested, give me a hoot (p.m.). Thanks.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sea Hunt and my Invicta

Did I mention in my post that I channeled Lloyd Bridges, famous for his role in Sea Hunt, the only television show about scuba diving (at least the only one I know of) and he told me that if he was around today doing the show he would happily wear the Invicta I am selling?

OK, maybe it is not time for a bump but selling the watch will pay for 2 parking tickets I received yesterday. Here I go for years without one and wham, I get 2 in a day--a horribly rainy day at that.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUMP and Price Reduction

knocking of $5 off the price--the amount asked for now is $50 which includes postage within the USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts