WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question....I own approx. 5 Invictas and I'm thinking about getting an Invicta Reserve and my question is........Is the quality difference noticeable and worth the upgrade in price? TIA:thumbup:

· Banned
3,726 Posts
I have a few Invictas that I got at a B&M AD and some older models purchased from TV.
I only have one from the "Reserve" collection which I got for a good price.
From my examples I see a slight difference-but it seems to be mostly cosmetic.
I don't even think Eyal holds the reserve line to the standards that it was originally introduced,as evidenced by the discounted prices on a line that was said to never be discounted.

· Registered
361 Posts
From what I've learned in my 3 or more years of buying more than 2 dozen Invictas, the more you pay for an Invicta, the more you get. I've bought an $89 Invicta and an $890 Invicta and while they are both great watches, the more expensive watch is that much better than the less expensive. The thing that keeps me coming back for more, is that whatever you pay for an Invicta, it's going to look and feel as good as watches from other brands that cost many times more than what you paid for your Invicta.

My advice is to buy whatever you can afford and like and be prepared to enjoy it.

· Registered
741 Posts
IMO there is more than a slight difference between the Reserve line and the standard line of Invicta watches. The Reserve line have a quality difference that you can actually feel. The bracelets are awesome IMO and the fit and finish really is a noticeable difference. However I only own 14 Invicta watches and may not be speaking as an authority on the matter. Oh yeah There is the Reserve Speedway that I own.:thumbup1:

· Banned
2,251 Posts
IMO there is more than a slight difference between the Reserve line and the standard line of Invicta watches. The Reserve line have a quality difference that you can actually feel. The bracelets are awesome IMO and the fit and finish really is a noticeable difference. However I only own 14 Invicta watches and may not be speaking as an authority on the matter. Oh yeah There is the Reserve Speedway that I own.:thumbup1:
Yeah, what amwilliams said!:thumbup1:

· Registered
2,664 Posts
I have to agree with you, my Reserve Speedway is unlike any Invicta I own. The quality of the bracelet is far superior, the fit and finish is fantastic. I don't see how anyone can think there is no difference between a standard Invicta and the Reserve line. That is unless you don't own an Invicta Reserve. :wink:

· Registered
2,664 Posts
Here was Boscoe's conclusion on his review of the Reserve Diver.

CONCLUSIONS

The Reserve Collection Pro Diver is a serious and significant step up from Invicta’s regular Pro Diver line. The watch shown here was slightly less than $1,000. Non-meteorite dial versions can be had under $700. It’s too steep a premium for the meteorite dial! But I love it. And am willing to pay. Even though it’s stupid.

At $700 , Invicta’s Reserve Diver finally provides an viable alternative to a used Omega Seamaster Professional or Tudor Submariner, both of which sell for $1,000 or more. Since I own them all – and wouldn’t part with any of them (yet) – I can’t suggest which offers the best value. But for the first time ever, I can say you could choose Invicta – and not be nuts.

· Registered
5,242 Posts
Here was Boscoe's conclusion on his review of the Reserve Diver.

CONCLUSIONS

The Reserve Collection Pro Diver is a serious and significant step up from Invicta’s regular Pro Diver line. The watch shown here was slightly less than $1,000. Non-meteorite dial versions can be had under $700. It’s too steep a premium for the meteorite dial! But I love it. And am willing to pay. Even though it’s stupid.

At $700 , Invicta’s Reserve Diver finally provides an viable alternative to a used Omega Seamaster Professional or Tudor Submariner, both of which sell for $1,000 or more. Since I own them all – and wouldn’t part with any of them (yet) – I can’t suggest which offers the best value. But for the first time ever, I can say you could choose Invicta – and not be nuts.
Geez, I wish I'd said that!

:laugh:

· Registered
865 Posts
Hello Gregger,

The forum operates pretty openly around here, so you will get the opinions of a wide variety of collectors ranging from die-hard Invictaphiles to regular Invicta critics. Ironically, there aren't a lot of active forum members here that own a Reserve Pro Diver, but several here own pieces from the Reserve Speedway collection and can offer their thoughts/experiences with those very nice watches.

This is an often-discussed topic because the regular Swiss Pro Diver is a great watch in its own right and some feel that if you spend that kind of money on a dive watch, you should put it toward a "prestige brand." There will also be those have never even seen a Reserve Pro Diver but have already made up their mind that they are not worth it. Certainly they are entitled to their opinion, but I question their motives.

I think you will find that most people who actually own one will agree that it is a significant upgrade to a regular Swiss Pro Diver. There are a couple of good reviews on our forums and evidently more coming soon. I own a Reserve Pro Diver and believe that it is well worth the money, but don't take my word for it. The best advice I can suggest is to order one so that you can see it in person and decide for yourself. You can always send it back if you are unhappy.

· Registered
119 Posts
I've held both the Swiss made and RESERVE pro diver and yes their is a difference. The RESERVE has a much better clasp, is COSC, and has an overall more expensive look and feel...

· Registered
223 Posts
I really think the answer to your question lies in the many reviews and comments by the good people here on this forum. I would never buy an Invicta simply based on whether it was called 'reserve' or not. If one strikes my fancy I'll check the comments and pictures taken here about the certain watch. Nothing says 'reserve' quality in an Invicta like a positive review with a gorgeous picture. Speaking of which:

Possibly the most beautiful watch I own:

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really think the answer to your question lies in the many reviews and comments by the good people here on this forum. I would never buy an Invicta simply based on whether it was called 'reserve' or not. If one strikes my fancy I'll check the comments and pictures taken here about the certain watch. Nothing says 'reserve' quality in an Invicta like a positive review with a gorgeous picture. Speaking of which:

Possibly the most beautiful watch I own:

that's the one I'm looking at!

· Registered
48 Posts
I have to say after purchasing a reserve diver I swore to myself I would never buy another Invicta that wasn't from the Reserve line. However since then I bought 4 or 5 none reserve Invictas. Go figure. But I still believe the Reserve line is far superior.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.