WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking about adding another watch to my collection, what are your thoughts on the Speedway Swiss models? What about the Speedway II ?? I an not particularly found of the red on the dial, but I was only able to find a couple of actual pics on the web of the watch and it looks solid.

Will this watch compare to my 4469 in terms of finish?? Obviously since I cant find a COSC Speedway, I may be forced to go quartz. I missed a COSC on EBAY a week or so ago that went for 800 bucks! darn!!!

Also, why is there such a wide range of pricing on new Speedways, some are around 150 while others 280 etc?? What should these be selling for?

I will also check our sponsor Tritons site as well and see if he has one that catches my eye!

·
Banned
820 Posts
The COSC Speedway for 800$? WOW! In Germany 1 seller at Ebay sells the watch for 1.990,00 € (2.953,85 $) :scared: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Well the Japanese quartz is the cheapest and they range between 100 - 150. The Swiss are the ones you will find for about 200 - 300 depending on the model. I personally have the 9211 which is silver and a white dial and its Japanese quartz. Bought it about 3 years ago for 120.00. I love it and it looks like a Rolex Daytona without question. Keeps great time. I even synced it with my other Swiss quartz watch and after a week both have the exact same time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it went for 810 to be exact! I was going to place a bid on it but ended up forgetting that the auction was ending!

It was being sold by a store, who had it in a display case and used it to show the customers. So it said it had a couple of minor scratches on the bracelet from taking it in and out of the display and people trying it on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just purchased the Speedway II model 3415 off ebay for 155.00

Hopefully this watch will impress me like the 4469 did!

And will be a nice everyday work watch, like I thought the 4469 would be! haha

I dont mind wearing a 155.00 watch to work in! The 4469 is just too nice to bash around in!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts