WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this watch not too long ago on amazon. I didn't just get it to be a wanna be rolex, I didn't even know it was a rolex homage at first. Its a nice watch. It stands out and I have gotten compliments on it. Its only 40mm without crown, and almost 45mm with crown, but it has decent watch presence on my wrist for some reason. Sorry for the poor quality .. Have to work on taking better quality shots. Its a quarts movement, but I don't mind.

The only down sides I can think of is that I think it would look even better slightly bigger. and I wish the band was a little thicker. its 20mm and goes down to 18mm at the end link by the clasp.

Watch Arm Picture frame Analog watch Sleeve

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats!!! The speedway is a staple in most Invicta collections. I haven't forgotten. I will take those comparison shots and post them for you.

Yeah when I bought it I had no idea about it being a rolex homage etc. I just liked the look of it and got it. Thanks man for finding those pictures.. Its frustrating because there seems to be no middle ground with the invicta subs. The 43 mm sub's are no longer available, and all that is left that i have seen are the titanium sub 0420 I believe the model is,, the f066 which is tremendous 47mm without crown and those grand diver watches that i believe are like 47mm plus. It kind of ****es me off that they can't make the original model just bigger something in the middle like 43-45 mm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats on your Speedway! You have great taste in watches and I'm not just saying that because I have the exact same watch in my collection.....ok maybe that is the reason!!! :laugh: I hope you enjoy:cool1:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i really like the look of the smaller model watches,, but I wish they were bigger. I think a perfect size for me is 43mm case. Above 45 looks ridiculous to me. Its like the bigger watches are all gaudy-ed out. I just wish they would keep the elegant style of the 40mm sub and speedway and just make it a little bigger without making it really gaudy. But I know that is in today.. huge bling type watches. I just like something more in the middle.. something masculine and chunky but not over the top guady

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.