WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I bought an Invicta 8926 as one of my first real watches a few weeks ago. I've been very pleased with the quality and value and I was considering buying another Invicta. I like the styling of the Speedway 9212/7029 but I wanted to get some input on them before I buy.

I was basically wondering if anyone had any recommendations of one vs the other and a nice educational explanation as to why.... the fact that this is my first post should be pretty indicative of my knowledge thus far.

By my research, the 9212 is the budget version of the same watch and uses a Japanese made quartz movement instead of the Swiss made quartz movement in the 7029. Is there a reasonable difference in the performance, durability, or quality of the movement in these, or should I be concerned with that since it's just a quartz movement rather than an automatic :)

The example photos I've seen mark the 7029 as "Swiss" rather than "Swiss Movement" so I'm curious if it's also Swiss assembled.

I noticed some of the cosmetic differences such as the unit indicators on the chrono dials of the 9212 (min, hour, sec). Is there other difference in the case, band, etc that I missed? Maybe difference in quality or finish?

Thanks for any input you've got - I tried to do a bit of research so I wouldn't come off as completely ignorant, but excuse me if I am still figuring things out :biggrin:

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Hello and welcome

:001_smile:HI Bryan and welcome to answer your question I happen to own the 9212 speedway and
I got too say it's one of my favorite invicta watches. As for the 7029 model I do not own
one but if I had too chose between a swiss or japanese model I would go with the swiss only because it cost more to manufacutre,I don't want you too think only swiss is the way to go but what I am saying is buy what you like and buy what you can afford I really hope this helps you.p.s. sorry for the long post and please show us some pictures of your new watch once it arrives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Kevin!

I'll be sure to post up pics of my watches but I've gotta say, with all the beautiful photos I've seen here I'm a bit intimidated since I take crap photos.

If anyone has any other opinions on either of these watch models I'd love to hear what you think about them. I realize that not many people would own both or be able to do a back to back comparison so I don't mind reading up on all your input and weighing it out from that :)

Thanks again!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Kevin!

I'll be sure to post up pics of my watches but I've gotta say, with all the beautiful photos I've seen here I'm a bit intimidated since I take crap photos.

If anyone has any other opinions on either of these watch models I'd love to hear what you think about them. I realize that not many people would own both or be able to do a back to back comparison so I don't mind reading up on all your input and weighing it out from that :)

Thanks again!
Don't feel bad about taking crappy photos I don't even own a camera.:wink:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Send a private message to Triton (owner of Triton's Treasures on line watch store) Larry won't steer you wrong and will answer your questions.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
cant go wrong with the 8926, i hadn't tried a speedway cuz i don't like quartz, but i guess is a nice watch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts