WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a specialty 6898 and I took the band off the case to adjust the links. When I put back in the pin/screw that attaches the band to the case I was careful to not overtighten, but when I put the watch on the part of the pin with the threads had broken off. Does anyone know where I can find these parts other than Invicta?

·
Registered
220 Posts
7am

Take it to a good shop that does their own in-house work.
Some have a guy that visit's one day a week.

Or........

Check out:

Jewelry and Watches - Jewelry Tools | Esslinger and Company - Search

There are many other places, give the other guys some time, to have their Sunday Morning, coffee. :biggrin:

If you have a Veneer Caliper, measure the diameter and approximate length.

There are different TYPES: Type 1, Type 2, Rolex, etc,etc.

tim

Tool Screw Parallel Typesetting Nickel
Rectangle Font Musical instrument Parallel Symmetry
Font Office supplies Art Drawing Electric blue
Tool Household hardware Metal Cylinder Auto part

P.S. once you know the THREAD, order 1 tap each, 1-starter tap, 1-bottom tap.
Clean the treads out before assembly, you should be able to twist these through, with your fingers, or a hand bit holder.
Not much force at all, by feel really.

On assembly I use, Loctite Blue, I would never use any sort of Super Glue.:confused1:
These screws can break and strip, or worse yet, strip the female thread, I do not like to use force, to set them, that last 1/4 turn, can be the worse.:cursing:

Using the Loctite, I set the slot head to the installed height, ( Mostly FLUSH), and let the loctite set, for 30 minutes.
I have never had one loosen up, on it's own.

Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.
Liquid Product Font Rectangle Electric blue

·
Registered
220 Posts
11am
Forget what I posted this morning.
I just looked at a 6898, and your talking about the BIG End Link to Case Screw.
What I wrote above, will be of no help, at all.

My apologies.:blushing:
tim

Watch Font Clock Analog watch Fashion accessory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.