WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the Brethren,

I have a couple of Scoobies, one the original 3077 with an ETA 2824 movement and the other its second iteration, the 4510 with the SW 200. Today I had my grandson staying with us and he's already taken after grandpa, wearing "watches" and minding the time -a 06 years old!- just like that.

Anyhow, while I worked Scooby #1 he got hold of #2 and got lost into the house running and clicking and locking and unlocking the bezel. Absorbed as I was with #1, I did not notice it until he returned #2 to me with a just-about-to-cry look. First I feared he was hurt or something, but then he told me between faint sobs he thinks he's damaged grandpa's watch!

...Actually not the watch proper, but only the bezel. It now runs loose and does not lock for 5/6ths of a turn. Well, here is one for the Scooby experts out there:

—How can I disassemble the bezel? Does it work like, say, a Seiko?

All and any help will be greatly appreciated, fellows! If not for the watch, then for the kid's sake. He cannot stop thinking "I've broken grandpa's watch!"

Cheers,

Marcello GT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!! Sorry to hear what happened. I love those scoobies. This is a pretty good video which should help.

How to change the bezel on your Submariner or GMT for that matter (DYI vid) - YouTube
I appreciate your input, but unfortunately the standard procedures available throughout the web have been incapable of removing the bezel. It is not only firmly attached to the watch but pretty much irremovable by the said methods, refusing to budge even to a bronze hammer with a sharp blade underneath. <SIGH> :blink:

The worst part is that for the first time in years I left one of my watches at a local watchmaker. What a terrible feeling of leaving a loved one behind!

Cheers,

Marcello GT

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I know the feeling, I hate leaving a watch behind. I hope everything works out. We love pics around here too if you wann post some. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts