WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in regards to the "advanced ordering" as it is claimed by a cerain network. I had ordered an Off-shore model which Snbc did not have in stock, and blamed Invicta and now Invicta blames the other guy.

Why does this not surprise me? As many know after the Off-shore fiasco from Snbc, I filed a complaint with the BBB. Here is the response feom invicta:

Complaint Department
2924 North Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Phone: (561) 842-1918 Fax: (561) 845-7234

Company Information

Invicta Watch Company of America
3069 Taft Street
Hollywood, FL 33021
Phone: (954) 921-2444
Fax: (954) 921-2508

Company’s Response To Your Dispute

Customer's complaint was about a watch that he ordered and was not received from Shopnbc. We do apologize for the inconvenience, which the customer is going through, but we do not have any information about this, because he was purcahsing the watch from Shopnbc not Invicta. As per our policy all we do is pull the order of watches and send them to shopnbc. They are in charge in selling the watch on air or in the website. We do not have any information of the payment, order, or shipping order that Shopnbc do. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience he would have go directly with Shopnbc for giving him faulty information. If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

My original complaint is below

Complaint Description - Posted 10-26-2007

Ordered two watches through the Invicta partner Shopnbc on the 16th after assurances by the Invicta CEO that all watches were in stock and would ship within days. I ordered a Invicta Offshoe and a Square Russian Diver.

I have watched and waited and finlly contacted the vendor over the weekend to find out the status of my order and delivery date, 10/25/07. I was assured the watches would be delivered on time.

This morning after visiting the Shopnbc website the items were listed as "Sold Out". I again contacted Shopnbc and was told that Invicta had not delivered the promised watches and no delivery date was in site nor could delivery of my paid for be confirmed anytime in the near future. This is an ongoing problem with Invicta and I would like this complaint to reflect this is now the third time this has happened. In this case the total Invicta sale was over $1000.00

So I guess no one wants to step up here. Typical.:cursing:

·
Registered
194 Posts
The only one that should step up is ShopNBC. That is who you entered into a contract with. Invicta has no way of knowing about your agreement with Snbc, unless I''m missing something?!?!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only one that should step up is ShopNBC. That is who you entered into a contract with. Invicta has no way of knowing about your agreement with Snbc, unless I''m missing something?!?!

The head cheese was on the show and stated these were in stock. Nothing was mentioned about "advance orders'. The sad reality is that almost all of the watches shown on these shows are advance orders unless specified.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anything other than "this is the watch", "this is what it does", and "this is how much it costs today", means nothing to me. These shows are commercials only, although informative ones. Any reference to inventory levels or rate of sales or any future promises of pricing should be discarded as sales hype, even if stated by the "head cheese". The real value of the shows are the enthusiastic presentations, and value pays can be pretty cool also!:thumbup1:

Of course, these are not facts, just WIS opinions. :laugh:

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
The head cheese was on the show and stated these were in stock. Nothing was mentioned about "advance orders'. The sad reality is that almost all of the watches shown on these shows are advance orders unless specified.
C'mon Koi-everyone knows that Eyal gets all excited when he's on TV and, at times,is known to blurt out an exaggeration or otherwise misspeak.
It's just his extreme exuberance and love for his company shining through.:001_wub:

(at least that's what I was led to believe:confused1:)

Take it with a grain of salt

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The Ole' "Bait and Switch"

What I am about to say is strictly, MHO! But, I think that many will agree.

I have been around for a little while, I am 56, so I was here long before the computer e-sells and the televised shop networks. I used to be very heavy into cameras and equipment. Photography like watches could be very expensive. I went way beyond the basic camera and was into the darkroom and all that stuff. Back then, lets say pre 90's you had your local camera store merchants. You also had chains and of course K-Mart. You also had a slew of magazines. The mags back then were like the web today. Big, I mean big price savings over your local store. How did they do it?

The lagit adds could under sell for two reasons. They order lines only, you had to know what you wanted no questions asked and you called it in. They did not have to pay a store employee to show you all the things you did not know and, because of this they sold in bulk and therefore were willing to take a smaller profit margin. This is very similar to on line shopping with a legitimet dealer today.

The less than lagit adds, promised the moon and gave you much less. One of the favorite moves on their part was what was known ad the "bait and switch". They offered (for example) a lens made by Canon or Nikon that the retail was $500, street price $400, for $150! Some of them may have actually (even though I do not believe it) sold one for that price. And then you call in!
"I am sorry but we are out of that model, however we have a ou812 brand that the specs are even higher and the MFSRP is $900 and we will give you the same $150 sell price!" And then they may even add, "Canon/Nikon was supposed to ship us these products by such and such a date and the did not so, WE THINK SO MUCH OF OUR CUSTOMERS WE ARE WILLING TO DO THIS FOR YOU."

IMHO it is the same old "shell game" except now in some cases the manufacture is "in" with the retailer on the thing from the start.

If a price seems to good to be true, it probably is not true. What I learned then I apply now. I would shop for the very best price I could find (in the mags and now on the web) from what I thought was a lagit dealer. Then, I went to someone I thought I could trust, that actually had the item, and asked their best price. If it was close, I closed the deal. Even if it were a few bucks more I had the security of knowing who I was dealing with.

Just food for thought.

Most importantly! Thanks for taking the time to do the BBB complaint. Those things do add up!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My opinion after once, twice, thrice burned? Don't buy from SNBC.

I closed my account there. My daughter was kind enough to let me use hers to get the Admirale and now I am done. I found a nice local AD that can get me any model of Invicta I want if I so choose. At this point unless it is one hell of a model, I have all the Invictas I need at 21 of them.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anything other than "this is the watch", "this is what it does", and "this is how much it costs today", means nothing to me. These shows are commercials only, although informative ones. Any reference to inventory levels or rate of sales or any future promises of pricing should be discarded as sales hype, even if stated by the "head cheese". The real value of the shows are the enthusiastic presentations, and value pays can be pretty cool also!:thumbup1:

Of course, these are not facts, just WIS opinions. :laugh:
LMAO.....

What the head cheese really says is.............

what you feel like doing after dealing with him.............

( fill in your own ideas for that one)

And what discussing Invicta and network TV CS really is

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The Truth

My opinion after once, twice, thrice burned? Don't buy from SNBC.

I could not agree more! I can sell you any and everything I don't have at half the price of all competitors! And if you are fool enough to keep doing business with me you get what you deserve!:001_tt2:

There are plenty of vendors out there least of which are included by our sponsors that you can call and ask, do you have it right now? And you will get a yes or no. SNBC will tell you yes and days later you find out no!

My last purchase was about $5 less than the SNBC price. But guess what? I PM'd the sponsor/dealer and he said he had it. I paid, he shipped (next day) and I am happy.:thumbup:

The only good thing I can say about SNBC is this. In a moment of weakness you place your order and then you think, Oh sh-t! wish I had not spent that money. And then you get real lucky! It was yet another item that they did not have in stock and you get a back order. Gives you time to cancel and now you still have your cash!:001_tongue:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I could not agree more! I can sell you any and everything I don't have at half the price of all competitors! And if you are fool enough to keep doing business with me you get what you deserve!:001_tt2:

There are plenty of vendors out there least of which are included by our sponsors that you can call and ask, do you have it right now? And you will get a yes or no. SNBC will tell you yes and days later you find out no!

My last purchase was about $5 less than the SNBC price. But guess what? I PM'd the sponsor/dealer and he said he had it. I paid, he shipped (next day) and I am happy.:thumbup:

The only good thing I can say about SNBC is this. In a moment of weakness you place your order and then you think, Oh sh-t! wish I had not spent that money. And then you get real lucky! It was yet another item that they did not have in stock and you get a back order. Gives you time to cancel and now you still have your cash!:001_tongue:

I personally like buying from Snbc. I have never had a bad experience. But, my expectations are very low, so when things go smooth, I am extra happy!:001_tt2:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I will still order great deals from here but it will have to be something either I can't get elsewhere or a deal to good to pass up. The Admirale was one of these.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I will still order great deals from here but it will have to be something either I can't get elsewhere or a deal to good to pass up. The Admirale was one of these.

The Admirale was it for me. A great watch made for the American market and the perfect size for a larger dress watch. Unless something superb comes up that is unavaialbe anywhere else, I am done with the company. I just saw a Subaqua there at a good price, contacted an AD and they came within $35.00 so I purchased from them.

Easy, no "in process" and I know where they are.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Of the 80 watches in my collection about 50 were purchased from ShopNBC, no real problems to report. Now for the good, value pays, 20% discounts, great selection, 30 day return policy and sometime free shipping. I have six watches coming in before Christmas and purchased them right before the free shipping was offered for the holidays, called ShopNBC and they waved the shipping on all six.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Watch out for their server. It's buggy as hell. I placed a recent order with included 20% coupon and set up value pays. I pulled the trigger and immediately looked at my bank statement online. SNBC pulled the entire amount out of my account (!). Rechecking on the SNBC site at my order I found that indeed no coupon nor value pays had been set up properly. I called . . got things straight with customer service . . and did not have access to my money for a week.

Lesson learned: Stick with our sponsors :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
LMAO.....

What the head cheese really says is.............

what you feel like doing after dealing with him.............

( fill in your own ideas for that one)

And what discussing Invicta and network TV CS really is

:rolleyes:
this is taken from the movie "OFFICE SPACE" they switched the fax/copier for a dead horse

1 - 17 of 17 Posts