WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody been watching this latest offering from Invicta? Interesting, but not for me, especially at the price. $1500. Picture from Invicta and the description from the Shop.

Take the Invicta Pro Diver plunge in supreme style with this Limited Edition timepiece featuring the power and prestige of a Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 automatic movement.

This Pro Diver from Invicta makes a splash starting with a round stainless steel case housing a coveted Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 Automatic Chronograph movement. Set on top find a fixed bezel decorated with textured black hematite accents and six screw detail surrounding the Flame Fusion crystal. The screw down crown plays host to a series of small simulated blue sapphires around the edge and the Reserve logo on the end. An exhibition case back reveals the captivating artistry and meticulous calculation of the Swiss Made movement and displays the limited edition number detail.

Arabic numerals occupy all even hour positions around the black hematite dial while coordinating stick index markers appear at all odd hour positions. Day and date windows surface next to 3:00. Subdials in 12-hour, seconds and 30-minute formats exist near 6:00, 9:00 and 12:00. Luminous Tritnite accented hour, minute, chronograph and subdial hands indicate the time.

A stainless steel bracelet executed in a combination of polished center links and brushed outer links secures with an Invicta Reserve name etched push button dual deployant clasp.

Choose from a silver-tone, gold-tone, gunmetal/rose-tone or silver-tone/rose-tone bracelet. The case color matches the outer links of the bracelet while the bezel color and dial markers mirror the center links.

Each color choice of this Invicta Pro Diver is a Limited Edition out of 999.

•Bracelet: Stainless Steel
•Movement: Swiss ETA 7750 Automatic Chronograph w/ 25 Jewels
•Crystal: Flame Fusion
•Crown: Screw Down w/ Function Pushers
•Clasp: Push Button Dual Deployant
•Bracelet Measurements: 8-1/2" L x 24mm W
•Case Measurements: 47mm
•Case Thickness: 19mm
•Water Resistance: 50 ATM - 500 meters - 1650 feet
•Model Numbers:
Silver-tone: 10609
Gold-tone: 10610
Gunmetal/Rose-tone: 10612
Silver-tone/Rose-tone: 10611

·
Registered
97 Posts
I really like the looks of the watch, however, I just can't find myself spending 1500 dollars for an Invicta. I'm not knocking the brand, as I have numerous examples. Most, however, are in the 100-300 dollar range. I have two mid-SAS I got at a great price, but I paid more than double for my first mid-SAS because I didn't know the game. I'm not saying the company can't move up in status or build a nicer model but it has a lot of history and baggage. I'm no marketing expert, but if you've convinced me that my $150 watch is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's gonna be tough to sell me something ten times more expensive. I'm not saying that Valjoux 7750 wasn't appealing as I love the smooth sweep of an automatic, but I'll wait a while to see if there's any movement on the price. I'm sure there are fans who will be more than willing to pay the full freight however. I dvr the shows (watch the playback at 5x) so I'll review that presentation by Eyal one more time.

My opinions only, YMMV.

edison

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
22 Posts
To each his own. I don't think there is an Invicta made that is worth over $350 They have horrible resale value, iffy quality control, and bad customer service. They do make some great looking watches, which is why I have a venom, subaqua 3, russian diver, etc. But $1500? I wouldn't pay that even if Eyal made Invicta Ryan come over and cut my lawn for a year.:laugh:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Really long thread over on the OTA-oriented forum regarding the pricing of this watch. The consensus seems to be that the watch is too pricey. Not really a must have for me. It will be interesting to see if the remaining quantity shows up on the deal-a-day sites or the Invicta Sunday Run.

As for selling, I already know these are NOT investment grade watches. I acquire mine strictly for the variety and fun of wearing them. One day I would love to buy an automatic chrono, but that's a want, not a need.

NBZ edison

·
Registered
390 Posts
Old school Invicta collector here and I beg to differ as these 4 in my collection still stand up to others costing much more:

43mm 3824 LE Diamond Diver
45mm Reserve Pro Diver COSC
47mm Sea Vulture titanium Swiss Unitas mechanical 6497
50mm SAN III COSC

·
Registered
62 Posts
To each his own. I don't think there is an Invicta made that is worth over $350 They have horrible resale value, iffy quality control, and bad customer service. They do make some great looking watches, which is why I have a venom, subaqua 3, russian diver, etc. But $1500? I wouldn't pay that even if Eyal made Invicta Ryan come over and cut my lawn for a year.:laugh:
I agree I would not pay 1500 for an Invicta not because I don't like the watches I think Invicta makes some great watches with great quality. The problem is in there service dept, I picked up a watch from Invicta wore it once on my vacation into the pool, it is pro diver watch so I thought that I should not have a problem, the watch was filled with water. Now I had only worn this watch one time, now I have to send this watch back to Invicta with a check for $28.00 to have it repaired? And I had to call them to find out when I would be getting my watch back, and they say that I will have to wait for September! I sent the watch back in June.

With a customer service experience like that, I think that $1500 is way too much to pay for an Invicta. If they improved their Customer Service I would Pay Twice that price if I knew that the company really stood behind their products.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I picked up a watch from Invicta wore it once on my vacation into the pool, it is pro diver watch so I thought that I should not have a problem, the watch was filled with water.
Invicta has a bad habit of having multiple spec for water reistance for their lines. An example is the Sub Aqua NOMA IVs. The good ones are 500 meters and the cheaper ones 100 meters. Not even close to the same water resistance. My prodiver are only 200 meter watches; not what I'd consider bullit proof.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Invicta knows that 99% of it's watches, regardless of model, are never going to see water (well, maybe if it rains). Ever notice the increasing trend of putting RD's, "subaqua" Venoms, and San iii's on leather straps? I'd bet even the pro diver is rarely used for diving. Anyone I know that actually scubas uses either Seiko or Citizen. Anyway, my point is, they can tout any water resistance they want, they're rarely going to get called on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.