WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1542 says it's rated to 1650 foot depth. Is that just a bunch of bull to make the customer think they have a great diving watch.
Would a true saturation diver even think of an Invicta 1542?

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I love Invicta but even I wouldn't fully trust the depth rating on them. They have a history of poor QC, and there are too many horror stories online of the WR failing. I'm not a diver but I don't think any serious divers would consider using one. Deep Blue has a good rep in that area.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
272 Posts
I love Invicta but even I wouldn't fully trust the depth rating on them. They have a history of poor QC, and there are too many horror stories online of the WR failing. I'm not a diver but I don't think any serious divers would consider using one. Deep Blue has a good rep in that area.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I can see their QA issues on the internet; many have to do with service and lack there of. I can't find anything relating to failure to meet WR specs. Can you point to some reason not to take a SAN IV 500 M watch in the water or for that matter a Venom 1000 M watch? I specifically bought mine because I'm a boater and want water resistance.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Invicta's lack of quality control is well documented. I sometimes think its exagerated, but it still exists. Lots of reported issues that would not exclude their reported water resistance. This is in addition to their poor history of customer support.

Wearing an Invicta while swimming and taking one one a saturation dive are two different things. I've worn an Invicta swimming and not had a problem. I'm not a diver, nor do I anticipate ever going on a dive. If you want to take one on a dive that's your choice, but I'm not going to recomend one.

If you go to a diver's forum they'll be able to give a more practical/experienced recomendation.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Invicta 1542

Thanks for all the help. The 1542 is a great looking watch and mine will probably never see the ocean.
I asked because I'm thinking of getting a Deep Blue and the depth ratings between the two are similar.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok just a quick update. This has been an excellent watch. It has incredible heft and the time keeping is extremely accurate. The crystal looks beautiful. The lume (superluminova...) is the only let down. Magic when new, but over time has faded a lot. Still lumes up nicely initially but does not hold it anywhere near as long, nor for anywhere near as long as old Seiko divers I have that are 5-6 times older than this one. Having said that with a nice crystal this thing gets looks all the time and is a joy to wear. The band puts Rolex to shame.

Quick and dirty photo from my phone attached.

Cheers Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
543 Posts
On mine the lume still gets bright, it's still one of the brightest I have, however, it only looks blue when compared to a lume that isn't. Placed next to my SAN I and you can see how much of the blue color has faded. The only watch I'd replace my 1547 for is a 1017 (same watch with an automatic movement.)

·
Banned
50 Posts
As much as I like Invicta, having 40 of them that give me much pleasure wearing them and never having a problem with any of them over a three year period of time. I still have to say Invictas and Evines advertising leave a lot to be desired and it seems to be getting worse. This is just one more illustration of their deceptive advertising. This along with Invictas watering down of past quality, on some models, is of particular concern to me especially for new and future collectors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.