WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking around for a invicta and ran across a site that is selling replica Invicta's, so be careful when your buying now!!! :cursing:

·
Banned
927 Posts
Would you mind sharing the website address? I'd be curious to see these, as there have been posts in the past that there are indeed replica Invictas out there.

PM me if you would please.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just sent a PM to you. Go to the main page and search for invicta

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yes, please share. I find it hard to believe there are replicas that actually say "Invicta" on the dial. I would love to see em'.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
This issue has been raised before. I think the replica sites are selling actual Invictas, not knockoffs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I will go ahead and post link to the site. Admin can delete if they want to.

SORRY I HAVE TO DELETE THE LINK - EVEN THOUGH IT IS CENTRAL TO THIS DISCUSSION.
WTF HAS A STRICT POLICY AGAINST 'fakes' - WHICH WE CONSIDER OUT-RIGHT THEFT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - AND GOES TO GREAT LENGTHS TO FIGHT THEM.

Perhaps you can copy a photo of a watch or two from that site and post them here for members' comparison. That's a good solution - and can keep this topic rolling.
This is no harm/no foul. I know you weren't promoting fakes etc.

·
Banned
927 Posts
I do not believe, in fact I'm sure that those are not replica Invictas... they are Invictas being peddled by a site that also sells replicas.

There would be no way they would offer virtually hundreds of replica Invictas and still have a margin for profit as the prices they're selling them at are not much different than regular retail pricing, and the model numbers are also legit.

Thanks for posting the link and the PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts