WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch Rim Analog watch Automotive tire Watch accessory

Hello i found this forum doing a google search. I am hoping people on this forum can help me.

I ordered this invicta marvel punisher watch model number 35165 direct from invicta and was delivered to my house august 11th of this year.

A week ago i noticed the watch stopped telling time, so no big deal i will put in a new battery. I did not have the tool to open the watch so i ordered that.

I bought and put in a new energizer battery, SR927SW or 395/399.

The issue remain the same, so i tried another battery and the handle that holds the battery in place broke off.

I was able to use some tape to hold the 3rd battery in place but still same result.

The following day i went to a battey shop and bought 3 of the 399/SR927SW renata batteries since they are better quality.

My thought was the regular energizer batteries might be duds, since i bought them from a hardware store.

I put the new renata battery in and same result. The hour and minute hand will not move by themselves.

The long hand chrongraph will move and stop and start no issues. The gage directly below the punisher skull will move when the chrongraph does a complete cycle.

The day of week and calendar number will move manually if i adjust them, so will the hour and minute hands.

What will not move on its own are the gage on the right side in the punisher skulls eye which is the seconds dial/gage.

Which i believe is stopping the hour and minute hands from not moving/working.

I am an honest person so i know that since i broke the battery holder if i send it into invicta they will send it back or charge me the full cost of repair.

I am hoping the repair will not be as bad as i think it will be, but earlier today i took it to a watch repair shop and was told its going to cost me a couple hundred dollars to repair.

I think issue is the gear that moves the seconds, and the watch is a RONDA CALIBER Z60 movement.

I have also tried recalibrating the watch a dozen times to no sucess.

I can post a video clips of the watch running if needed.

· Registered
41 Posts
If the repair costs more than the watch is worth, then it's time to let it go. I had to make this very decision when my Casio Wave Ceptor died. I replaced the battery and it made no difference at all. That's when I decided to go to the automatics.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok update, since i figured the watch was screwed i decided to take the timepiece out and see if i moved the seconds gear maybe that would work.

So the gear was stuck on 25 second mark, so i used a tiny screwdriver and push the gear the 55 second mark since that would be 1/2 a revolution.

Well by luck it worked, and then a few minutes later the gear on the bottom got stuck but the seconds where running fine.

So i repeated the process and nudged that gear as well and the watch is running good now.

I noticed the chronograph will get stuck once in a while when i test it, but after trying to reset if a few times i eventually get it working right.

I am really happy and lucky i got it working, because i thought it was something in the guts of the watch that was broke or out of alignment.

· Registered
41 Posts
Yep, no harm in trying when it doesn't work anyhow. Glad that you fixed it, I wish my Casio was that easy. I did have the back off but there was nothing there for me to move, it was all encased. Just the battery was accessible.

Good job!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts