WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
First off, I have spent two weeks researching the 8926 Pro Diver, and the movements that are associated with it.
The information this forum has provided has been incredible and so informative.
i had to post this because of my amazing find this morning!
I went ot my local Sam's Club this morning thinking I was going to find a Invicta 8926 Pro Diver with a Miyota 8125 movement, and instead found a 8926 Pro Diver "Coin Edge" bezel with a SEIKO Nh35a-SII movement!
I'll post pics later but Sam's still has this watch on the website!

From what I've read this watch with this movement is an amazing intro to automatic watches.

Paid $119 and could not be happier with it; it's matching my iPhone 4 on keeping time so far and am hoping that this is a long lasting investment.

Thanks again for all the invaluable information this forum has given me to make an educated decision on this purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I purchased an 8927 off eBay last week and I just received it I love the coin bezel. This isn't my first in Invicta I own 18 now the only thing is the clasp on this 8927 seems rather long compared to most invicta clasps and the links seem really thin and other than invicta etched on the glass the outside of the case has almost no writing on it not even the model number I know I've read there aren't fake invictas at least not that anyone's seen but this one just seems weird could it be cause its an older watch from invicta

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
220 Posts
the17thdoctor & mgrimes , Welcome to the WTF!!!
Congrats on your new purchases!

Some photos, please!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially, mgrimes, would like to see what your trying to describe.
Help & be Helped, this is a Great Place for that!

Tim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I really like the Invicta Divers. I just got Invicta's Model 11752 with the NH35 movement, love it. Looking at model #1002, white dial that glows when charged. Good luck with your new purchase and LETS SEE THOSE PICTURES!!!!:001_smile:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm going to say Fake, on your 8924.

I grabbed some pics, of an early one, with the Miyota Mvt.

Look at the photo's below, I highlighted, some stuff.

tim

Miyota & 8927A.

Same Watch.

INVICTA, Engraving not correct, on your case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
8927a

I do see the differences the only main difference i see about the pictures you posted is the 8927a does not have the coin bezel as mine does do you know any real way to find out if it would be a fake. Can you contact Invicta Customer Service to find out ?

Thanks again you have been a huge help

·
Registered
220 Posts
I spent 2hrs digging, and cannot find a 8927 C, or 8927 OB was ever offered.
I also went thru all the Invicta Catalogs from 2006 to present, Invicta Catalog Collection
The best I come up with is the list below.
And people modding the Bezel on a 8927 from Scallop to Coin Edge, on their own.

I think 8927 was never offered as an "C" or "OB".
It was only offered as a Scalloped Bezel.

That the watch came in 5 options.
8926 A: all STST with a Black Face & Scalloped Bezel.
8926 C/OB: all STST with a Black Face & Coin Edge Bezel.
8927 A: STST and Gold with a Black Face and a Scalloped Bezel.
8928 A: all STST with a Blue Face & Scalloped Bezel.
8928 C/OB: all STST with a Blue Face & Coin Edge Bezel.

Case Engraving, looks wrong, small and off center.
No Engraving on case back, maybe very- very early model?
And the crown looks to low.
No "WINGS" on the back of the Second Hand.

Watch on the left in question, 8927 C
Watch on the right, Legit 8928 C.

8927 Coin, Second Hand- "No Wings" / REAL 8928 C, Notice Crown Height, Second Hand has "WINGS"

8927 Coin? No Engraving on case back / REAL 8928 C

8927 Coin? Case Engraving, looks wrong, small and off center. / REAL 8928 C

8927 Coin? Crown flush with Guards, Minute Hand- "No Wings" / REAL 8928 C, Notice Crown Height.

8927A
Miyota & 8927A.

Same Watch. Notice Crown Height, above Guards

INVICTA, Engraving on case. Second Hand has "WINGS"

You could have a really early production model?
Somebody could have modded the watch themselves, I found lots of post's of owners doing this mod.

I vote for somebody modding the watch before you got it.

Either way, you got a good looking timepiece, and the Miyota Movement, is very rugged.
The same movement I have in my 1st Grand Diver, the movement never gave out on me, and that watch has not had it easy.

Let us know what you find out.

Tim

P.S.

Invicta Pro Diver 8927 OB at Sam's Clubs across the nation!

No where in the post below, does the17thdoctor, write "8927 OB", only in the Thread Title above.
He does write about the 8926, but not the 8927.
And I checked the Sam's Club Website, just to be sure.

Hey all!
First off, I have spent two weeks researching the 8926 Pro Diver, and the movements that are associated with it.
The information this forum has provided has been incredible and so informative.
i had to post this because of my amazing find this morning!
I went ot my local Sam's Club this morning thinking I was going to find a Invicta 8926 Pro Diver with a Miyota 8125 movement, and instead found a 8926 Pro Diver "Coin Edge" bezel with a SEIKO Nh35a-SII movement!
I'll post pics later but Sam's still has this watch on the website!

From what I've read this watch with this movement is an amazing intro to automatic watches.

Paid $119 and could not be happier with it; it's matching my iPhone 4 on keeping time so far and am hoping that this is a long lasting investment.

Thanks again for all the invaluable information this forum has given me to make an educated decision on this purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.