WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Can someone give me some solid pros and cons to this model watch?

I missed out when Shop NBC had it on sale a few nights ago, but found it from another online vendor.

Some say even the mid- size venom is too big, but I can't find many pictures on the web.
Also any comments on overall quality or the movement would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Venom is a hot watch. I'm looking at a mid-size myself for $276.00 but will have to pull the trigger by tomorrow or it goes up to over $400.00. At 46mm, it's about a 1/4" smaller then the regular size Venom but has all the same features including an ETA G15 movement and 1000 meters water resistance. Some will say the biggest con is the Invicta name but I have a few Invicta's and I believe they are technically sound, and you can't beat the prices for what your getting. If you like it, go for it. That's what's most important. Here's the one I found for $276.
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Font

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Venom is a hot watch. I'm looking at a mid-size myself for $276.00 but will have to pull the trigger by tomorrow or it goes up to over $400.00. At 46mm, it's about a 1/4" smaller then the regular size Venom but has all the same features including an ETA G15 movement and 1000 meters water resistance. Some will say the biggest con is the Invicta name but I have a few Invicta's and I believe they are technically sound, and you can't beat the prices for what your getting. If you like it, go for it. That's what's most important. Here's the one I found for $276.
View attachment 36997
Thanks for the feedback. I have a few Invictas, I like the brand. It's weird, whenever I buy one , I say it will be the last. But I always get more.:laugh:
I've been looking at the one you linked and the model with the blue bezel. It has the leather strap.
I was worried most about the size because I have a few full size subaquas and they're just a little too big.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have some Subaqua models too, they are the 50mm and I have to say that's as big as I'll go with a 6.75" wrist. They do fit nice and are comfortable once you get used to the weight (which didn't take long). After a while I forget I'm wearing a big watch. I liked the rubber straps for the comfort but I've gotten used to the steel bracelets and now that I have a tool kit, I can size them myself and make any necessary adjustments.
All that being said, I have several 45-47mm Invicta's and the size (for me) is perfect. The mid-sized Venoms are 46mm so I'm sure that will work and since I always wanted a Venom, but was afraid of the 52mm, this is the answer. I did pul the trigger last night, the model I wanted was as cheap as it was going to get and will be aired on TV several times today so it just might sell out. And it goes up $130.00 after midnight tonight, another good reason to buy now. The model I bought is the #10798, blue dial, gold bezel. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have some Subaqua models too, they are the 50mm and I have to say that's as big as I'll go with a 6.75" wrist. They do fit nice and are comfortable once you get used to the weight (which didn't take long). After a while I forget I'm wearing a big watch. I liked the rubber straps for the comfort but I've gotten used to the steel bracelets and now that I have a tool kit, I can size them myself and make any necessary adjustments.
All that being said, I have several 45-47mm Invicta's and the size (for me) is perfect. The mid-sized Venoms are 46mm so I'm sure that will work and since I always wanted a Venom, but was afraid of the 52mm, this is the answer. I did pul the trigger last night, the model I wanted was as cheap as it was going to get and will be aired on TV several times today so it just might sell out. And it goes up $130.00 after midnight tonight, another good reason to buy now. The model I bought is the #10798, blue dial, gold bezel. Can't wait!!!
I've been considering that one too. They've had it on special for a few days now.

The original one I wanted had the leather strap, blue bezel/face and aired Sunday night.
It sold out the next day , but I found one online for about $30 less with free shipping($40 less than the one with the SS band ). So Im trying to decide between the one you like vs the one I originally liked. IMO $40 more for a ss band is worth it, so price isnt the issue

I've seen the 52mm in person, it's huge, so i've always wanted the mid size.
I know if I wait too long they'll all be sold out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good luck with your choice, both are nice. This will be Invicta #10 for me but my first Reserve watch. Also, my first with the ETA G15.211 movement. I've heard good things about the G10 & G15 movements, accurate and reliable. Most of my Invicta's have the Ronda 5040D which I'm very happy with. I hardly ever have to adjust the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck with your choice, both are nice. This will be Invicta #10 for me but my first Reserve watch. Also, my first with the ETA G15.211 movement. I've heard good things about the G10 & G15 movements, accurate and reliable. Most of my Invicta's have the Ronda 5040D which I'm very happy with. I hardly ever have to adjust the time.
Thanks , I'm probably going to get the model with the leather band.

My last Invicta was a 6135 Sea Rover Chronograph Reserve , my 1st Invicta Reserve watch.
I got a good deal on it , so I ordered it.
The quality of the watch overall is very nice, but it might need to go back for warranty service. It runs fine while stored in my watchbox, but will stop on occasion while I'm wearing it.
I might try a new battery before sending it back.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you send it back to Invicta for service keep us advised on how it goes. I have heard horror stories about Invicta's service department, one of the biggest complaints about Invicta. But they sell thousands of watches every year, I figure the more sold, the bigger the chance for problems and people don't normally talk about the good experience that they've had with a service department. I hope a new battery solves the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you send it back to Invicta for service keep us advised on how it goes. I have heard horror stories about Invicta's service department, one of the biggest complaints about Invicta. But they sell thousands of watches every year, I figure the more sold, the bigger the chance for problems and people don't normally talk about the good experience that they've had with a service department. I hope a new battery solves the problem.
if I send it back , I'll start a new thread about my CS experience.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks , I'm probably going to get the model with the leather band.

My last Invicta was a 6135 Sea Rover Chronograph Reserve , my 1st Invicta Reserve watch.
I got a good deal on it , so I ordered it.
The quality of the watch overall is very nice, but it might need to go back for warranty service. It runs fine while stored in my watchbox, but will stop on occasion while I'm wearing it.
I might try a new battery before sending it back.
If you plan on sending it back and it is still under warranty DO NOT open the case to replace the battery. This will void your warranty. If it's no longer under the warranty then go ahead and give it a try.
I posted on reddevilbr's Venom thread with some wrist shots of one of my full size Venom's. If you want to see how it might wear on your wrist.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you plan on sending it back and it is still under warranty DO NOT open the case to replace the battery. This will void your warranty. If it's no longer under the warranty then go ahead and give it a try.
I posted on reddevilbr's Venom thread with some wrist shots of one of my full size Venom's. If you want to see how it might wear on your wrist.
Thanks , I didn't know about voiding the warranty.
I only have the watch since January.

I saw your pics, I always loved the venom design.
I bought the mid size.
Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.