WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this watch for my wife as a Christmas present :001_wub:. From the sounds of it, it appears to be very good quality. Saphire crystal, swiss quartz movement, etc. Does anyone's better half own this one and if so how is the quality. Thanks and let me know what you think.
Kevin

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
As interested as I am in watches and collecting, my wife is completely opposite.
So she has NO Invicta's. But that Pro Diver you selected is a beautiful color combo. I think she will love it.

·
Banned
2,275 Posts
That watch looks great :thumbup: I'm sure the quality of these are fine...

Don't forget to post a wrist shot... And no, not your wrist...;)

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
:thumbup:You made a really super choice. The 7067 is a great looking lady's watch and really well made. I think your wife will like it very much!:thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think your wife will like it very much!:thumbup:
She'd better :001_tt2: Yea, I also feel the same way. The watch has a good feel to it ans is stunning. About that wrist shot; as soon as she opens it and tries it on, I'll definitely take that opportunity for the picture (and post it as well). Thanks for the positive feedback guys.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I purchased this watch for my wife as a Christmas present :001_wub:. From the sounds of it, it appears to be very good quality. Saphire crystal, swiss quartz movement, etc. Does anyone's better half own this one and if so how is the quality. Thanks and let me know what you think.
Kevin

I too purchased this watch for my wife (it was very difficult to come by at the time), the watch is as good as any other Invicta quality wise and my wife likes it a a lot. As a plus, it gave me a good reason to buy the 9423 (Coin Edge Auto) for myself.:001_smile:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a plus, it gave me a good reason to buy the 9423 (Coin Edge Auto) for myself.:001_smile:
:lol: Thats when I bought my Grand Diver 3049...Double purchase deal! :thumbup: Oh and by the way, We did our gift exchange this morning since I do work today and on christmas. She loved the watch, only problem is that the band is too big. I'm gonna take it by a jewler to day and get it fitted. I'll post up pics as soon as I get a chance. Merry Chrismas everyone and please stay safe out there. Kevin

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also bought my wife a ladies quartz Pro Diver (black) and she loves it. It's the 30mm version. It feels good on her wrist and is very accurate.
Your wife is going to love her new watch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I was able to get my wife's watch fitted, the only problem is that I was told that I might be held over to work the next shift :cursing: It sucks because she was looking forward to wearing it tonight at her uncles Christmas eve party. Oh well, we'll see what happens. :blush:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ladies YG 7065 or RG 7067?

I was going to buy this for my wife, but I made the mistake of asking her input, and now she is leaning towards the 7065 (solid yellow gold version), since "nothing she has matches rose gold even though it's very pretty."

If any of you actually got the rose gold 7067, let me know: is it absolutely beautiful like I am hoping? I saw some other steel and rose gold watch at the mall (I think it was a bulova), and it looked so great. But don't just tell me what I want to hear... I have to live with her, living with the watch. :001_unsure:

The other watch I was thinking about was the yellow 7065 (pictured below). But of all things, in the picture anyway, the bezel insert and the dial don't match the 23K of the body of the watch. The men's versions that I've seen pictured match the bezel to the case/bezel, but this picture shows the bezel more pink colored. Is the 7065 actually more pink on the bezel, or does it match the gold well? I've seen that Invicta doctors their pictures - they take a good band shot, and then place in the other watches' dial/bezel pics, so it makes sense to me that it might just be that.

Finally, how durable is the 23K plating? My wife is a nurse, and she mindlessly beats the hell out of watches. Her quartz crystal on her old watch is scratched badly, which is why I'm going sapphire. Will this plating be wearing through in a year? Will I be better with the two-tone?

-Fretful

Attachments

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I was going to buy this for my wife, but I made the mistake of asking her input, and now she is leaning towards the 7065 (solid yellow gold version), since "nothing she has matches rose gold."

If any of you actually got the rose gold 7067, let me know: is it absolutely beautiful like I am hoping? I saw some other steel and rose gold watch at the mall (I think it was a bulova), and it looked so great. But don't just tell me what I want to hear... I have to live with her, living with the watch. :001_unsure:

The other watch I was thinking about was the yellow 7065 (pictured below). But of all things, in the picture anyway, the bezel insert and the dial don't match the 23K of the body of the watch. The men's versions that I've seen pictured match the bezel to the case/bezel, but this picture shows the bezel more pink colored. Is the 7065 actually more pink on the bezel, or does it match the gold well? I've seen that Invicta doctors their pictures - they take a good band shot, and then place in the other watches' dial/bezel pics, so it makes sense to me that it might just be that.

Finally, how durable is the 23K plating? My wife is a nurse, and she mindlessly beats the hell out of watches. Her quartz crystal on her old watch is scratched badly, which is why I'm going sapphire. Will this plating be wearing through in a year? Will I be better with the two-tone?

-Fretful
Hey HourlyWatch, welcome to the Original Invicta Forum! Be sure to post pics of your collection so we can all ooh and ahh!

As to your question regarding the plating, it can be a bit of a crap shoot. If she takes a damp cloth to the bracelet every once in awhile, then dries it off with a dry cloth (dab, don't rub) it should hold up pretty well. My wife's a nurse, too, and I know what that means on watches. It will probably be a little more challenging on the plating given the type of work she's in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hourly, welcome to the forum and sorry for the delay. My wife loves the watch but I think she would have preferred the two-tone with yellow gold instead. That's because the yellow gold matches more with the rest of her jewelry. The watch is a nice watch but very petit. I guess it would depend on your wife's taste. I think for the price its not bad. So far the rose plating has lasted and there are no scratches on the crystal. My wife teaches pre-k so she also bangs it up. I hope this helps some and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Kevin

P.S. nice collection!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Bought my Wife the womens pro diver watch with the white mop dial and goldtone bracelet, she know wants a lupah think I may have created another invicta collector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Van6143, is your wife's the automatic? For my wife it needs to be quartz for work. What's the part number?

Sofl, so you think her watch is petite? My wife is not petite, wants a full-sized ladies watch (not those micro lady watches). She currently has an old Swiss Military at 29mm, and this Invicta is 27, and I think the bezel is bigger too on the Invicta. Maybe this isn't the watch for her afterall... I like the hunt, but as long as I find something...

Also, you said she wanted the two-tone yellow gold and steel? I actually looked for that, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Just all yellow gold, or the two tone with pink gold (unless she wanted a blue face.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sofl, so you think her watch is petite? My wife is not petite, wants a full-sized ladies watch (not those micro lady watches). She currently has an old Swiss Military at 29mm, and this Invicta is 27, and I think the bezel is bigger too on the Invicta. Maybe this isn't the watch for her afterall... I like the hunt, but as long as I find something...

Also, you said she wanted the two-tone yellow gold and steel? I actually looked for that, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Just all yellow gold, or the two tone with pink gold (unless she wanted a blue face.
If your wife wants a full sized ladies watch, this is not the one for her. I also looked for the yellow and steel and couldn't find it. She still wears this one on a daily though, but now she has her eyes on a Michele watch ($$$$):001_unsure: Who knows, if she behaves maybe for Christmas next year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those Michele watches look nice. So the hunt must continue then...

Thanks for helping me dodge a bullet (and buying a watch that she'll want to change for something else)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts