WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get an invicta diver styled watch I think. I just bought an invicta speedway in white, and like the watch a lot. Its 40mm and about 44.7 MM with the crown. The regular invicta diver watch is also the same size.. I was thinking of getting something a little larger, but not crazy huge and ugly. There are so many variations out there.. I was wondering if anyone here owned some diver watches they could take photos of side by side and compare them. Its hard to get a feel for the size differences without seeing them next to each other. Was wondering if anyone was willing to shave some photo comparisons of their watches of different sizes. The F066 I believe is 47mm. I am thinking that might be too huge.. maybe 43-45 would be better. Anyway any help or recommendations would be awesome.

Best Regards

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Give me a couple days and I'll take some comparison pictures of my Pro Diver 9937 (40 mm) and my Grand Diver (47 mm). I've just been super busy. Someone posted a comparison shot a while ago, I'll search for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is a photo of 3 of my watches:

• 8926A
  • 1894 Subaqua Noma III
  • 3045 Grand Diver

Personally, the Grand Diver is the right size for me. I don't mind the diameter of the 1894, but it is just a bit too thick.

invicta.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that picture.. Its not VASTLY bigger but def noticeable difference. I wish I knew a place that sells them So i could try one on. The watch on the left I believe is 40mm right.. and the grand diver I believe is 47. Do you know of any subs that look like the original but maybe in between like 43-45?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for that picture.. Its not VASTLY bigger but def noticeable difference. I wish I knew a place that sells them So i could try one on. The watch on the left I believe is 40mm right.. and the grand diver I believe is 47. Do you know of any subs that look like the original but maybe in between like 43-45?
Yes, the 8926 is 40mm and the 3045 is 47mm.

Amazon has the width of the 0420 at 45mm:

Amazon.com: Invicta Men's 0420 Pro Diver Automatic Black Dial Titanium Watch: Invicta: Watches

Perhaps that would work for you? The titanium is supposed to make it light which I don't like, but some people like it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.. yeah i was looking into the titanium. I like the idea of light, the dull metal im not too sure about.. and the bezel looks a little strange to me. One thing about amazon.. there specs are usually wrong. they have the original sub as 43mm as well. can't trust them at all. Online shopping sucks a lot of times. They really need to do a better job with pictures and more accurate info.

So far the ones in my price range that I can find are the f0066 which is 47 might be too big.. and the titanium. I guess i have to keep looking!

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Looks like I was beat but here are some more photos

Awesome suggestion!!! That titanium Pro Diver is a great option and the price is great to boot. Here are the specs, and check out this link:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/original-invicta-forum/58794.htm

•Bracelet: Stainless Steel
•Movement: Japanese TMI NH25A Automatic
•Crystal: Mineral
•Crown: Screw Down
•Clasp: Deployant
•Bracelet Measurements: 9" L x 22mm W
•Case Measurements: 45mm
•Case Thickness: 14mm
•Water Resistance: 20 ATM - 200 meters - 660 feet
•Model Number: 0420

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback and pics.. I just wish they made one more like the original .. Think that one looks the best. I decided on getting 3. Amazon has free returns so ill get 3 and keep one or two i like.

Don't get mad guys lol. 1 is the seiko SNZH55K1

2. the original 40mm invicta sub
4. that 0420 i believe titanium sub.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm i keep replying to this thread but it is not going through not sure why. I ended up getting the titanium and the original etc. The titanium was cool cause of the light weight feel but I didn't like the overall look of the watch. It came off very gaudy and the bezel was very donut like, felt like i was wearing a soup dish on my wrist. Didn't care for it. I notice the larger divers are made too guady for my liking. I would have loved the original look just a little bigger like a 43mm case..

I wanted your honest opinions. I know this is an invicta forum, but I found these military divers that look kind of cool to me, They are the perfect size I am looking for. But they aren't automatic, Not that I care that much. Here are the 3 models I have found. they are 43mm case and 22m bracelet.

I would wear them on a nato

http://www.amazon.com/U-S-Air-Force...7JAG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338748396&sr=8-4

Amazon.com: U.S. Army Men's 0825HA09 "Honor" Stainless Steel Watch: Watches

Amazon.com: U.S. Marine Corps Men's 0825HM06 "Honor" Stainless Steel Watch: Watches

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah looks great,, i just wish it was a little bigger is all. if they made that same exact watch in 43mm with a 22mm or greater band i really would love it even more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts