WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are plagued with the infamous Invicta crystal haze here is your solution.

I bought my Invicta pro diver ocean ghost 2300 used and found an unusual haze under the crystal, after leaving the crown open for a while it didn't clear. After doing some research on this phenomenon, I found it was well known throughout the Invicta community. It is not from water vapor but it comes with the watch new with no extra charge. If you choose to ignore it (which I did) it will bother you until the day you die. So I got tired of it and cleaned it. Mow for the instructions.

Step 1. Unscrew the crown (if screw down) and remove the case back

Step 2. Pull the crown out to the time position and remove the crown (removal of the crown is different for each movement so I won't get into this)

Step 3. Remove the movement and place in a dust free CLEAN container!

Step 4. Take an eyeglass cleaning cloth and your breath and clean the inside of the crystal. Make sure not to get any dust in the case and put it all back together again. This was just a quick reference thread for people with this problem.

PS. A sticky would help out :D

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I would also recommend using an eye glass cleaning solution to clean the inside of the crystal and a canister of compressed air to clean out any dust remaining in the case. I have also used Cape Cod polishing cloths on the inside of the crystal to further clean the crystal and remove any antireflective coating that was botherig me. Remember to rinse the case inside and out and allow the case to fully dry prior to reassembly. Lastly always remember to lubricate the gasket for a proper seal.

Please remember first and foremost that opening the case will invalidate your warranty. Invicta uses so many different movements it can be dizzying so removal of the crown and dial/movement will differ from watch to watch. Some are easier than others and I do not recommend trying this on your own if you're not fully confident in your skills. Research the proper method for removal of the movement prior to attempting. Also remember by opening the watch the water resistancy rating on the dial is no longer valid, unless you have the proper equipment to test it. So many things can go wrong doing this, (I can't list them all) if you're not careful (and even if you are) I can't stress this enough.

With all that said I have attempted this on three watches with excellent results. Any questions, feel free to ask and I along with the other members will attempt to help to the best of our abilities.

stratct, thanks for posting this

I've closed this thread and added it to the Invicta Mod sticky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.