WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just want to say hi to everyone and ask a question.
Regular Invicta watches ship in yellow clamshells and Reserve ship in black.
So why am i seeing so many watches that are Reserve's shipping in a yellow clamshell. Are these fakes then?
ANy info would be appreciated as I really want to buy a few Reserve's but they are all shown with a yellow box.

Thanks again:confused1::confused1:

·
Registered
24 Posts
in my opinion(depending on where you're getting your watch)its usually from someone that has several watches and different boxes..I got a reserve in a prominent jewelry store and it came in a yellow box. I have also ordered a few from ebay that came in yellow boxes. Then when it came time for me to sell some of my watches i would usually keep the better boxes(my opinion) and send the yellow boxes...buy after all is said and done...i keep my 2 auto's on my winder so the box is in the closet...the box doesn't immediately indicate the validity of the watch in my experiences..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today I've just received my Invicta Reserve 0762. Came in the yellow clamshell box as well. Watch looks really great though and cannot complain about. It seems that Invicta doesn't really bother about which box goes for a particular watch, irrespective of the series. They simply take any box which falls right under their hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have purchases three Invicta's now (no Reserves), two of them came in the same "small" Yellow clam shell box. My latest one came in two box's, the outside box was a nice yellow box that had a lid, one of the sides folded down and Invicta tissue paper was surrounding a yellow Clam shell box that was bigger than my last two.

I was very impressed with the packaging of this one, has anyone else received theirs like this? Here are some cell phone pics.

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
Yes. My 2-year old RPD came double-yellow boxed as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My guess is they did what I did. If the watch needs to be repaired do not send it in the box you received it in. They will throw it away. Also be aware that if your watch really needs repair it will take 3 to 4 months to get it back. That coupled with a not customer friendly support system is why I quit buying Invicta watches.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'v heard from the Shop that they really cannot explain why some watches are not shipped from Invicta in the correct color box- I received my 2.4 Dragon CE some years back in a black Reserve box instead of the correct light blue SAN model box. But I don't wear the box, so it didn't bother me.

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
...But I don't wear the box, so it didn't bother me.
As long as you're not an Invicta box collector, or don't plan on re-gifting the watch, that's a good healthy outlook on the situation. :thumbup1:

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
If you collect Invictas for any length of time you will learn there is no rhyme or reason to what presentation box you get with your watch. I've had several Reserves over the years and I can only think of two instances where the Reserves shipped in the black box. In fact I had a Signature Series Russian Diver shipped to me brand new in a Reserve box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.