WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How accurate are the auto versions, which ones have the military hacking feature and can be hand wound?

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
The ETA 2824-2 and the sellita SW-200 are probably the most accurate and manually wind and hack. The newer seiko movements can hack and hand wind. The miyota 8215 is what I have and is pretty accurate and hand winds but dies not hack, and the Seiko 7s26 does not hand wind and I don't think it hacks and is probably the least accurate. These movements can vary between movement to movement. EG: one miyota may be more accurate than another and that one might be as good as or better than the ETA. but that's usually not the case. And they are All good movements and you can't go wrong with any of them ;)

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Most of their automatics are unregulated so the accuracy will vary from watch to watch even between those that feature the same movement. You are limited to the ETA 2824, Sellita SW200, and the NH35A for the features you want. The first two are Swiss movements and the later is Japanesse. The ETA isn't being used as much anymore (or at all) by Invicta in favor of the Sellita because of supply and cost. All the above movements are solid and accurate, you shouldn't have an issue with any of them. If you happen to get one that isn't accurate enough its not a big deal to have someone regulate it for you if your looking for that type of super accuracy.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
patsbosoxfan said:
Most of their automatics are unregulated so the accuracy will vary from watch to watch even between those that feature the same movement. You are limited to the ETA 2824, Sellita SW200, and the NH35A for the features you want. The first two are Swiss movements and the later is Japanesse. The ETA isn't being used as much anymore (or at all) by Invicta in favor of the Sellita because of supply and cost. All the above movements are solid and accurate, you shouldn't have an issue with any of them. If you happen to get one that isn't accurate enough its not a big deal to have someone regulate it for you if your looking for that type of super accuracy.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Well said, and I totally forgot about the NH35A!!! Oops. That is a SWEET movement!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts