WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
hello to all members!i am looking for submariner style watch-so

a)invicta 9937 -sellita movement-flame fusion ctystal---240euro.
b)davosa ternos diver---swiss eta-big date-sapphire crystal-swiss made----420euro
c)sandoz signapore -swiss eta-sapphire crystal---swiss watch???----290euro

and invicta 9937 all know here!
thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Davosa is the hands-down winner!

I have the Invicta and it's nothing to write home about. Accuracy can be described as "adequate" and nothing more. Besides, there are the horror stories about Invicta's customer service department.

Sandoz relies on it's previous incarnation's fame (the heirs of Henri Sandoz sold it in 1971). It is now just another Oriental company making watches with someone else's watch movts./modules. From what I've seen, I think they are quite over-priced.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
They all look the same IMHO go with the Sandoz it has a steel bracelet. Take the bracelet off and buy a black leather band and if you ever want to sell you have a Like New Watch.:wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They all look the same IMHO go with the Sandoz it has a steel bracelet. Take the bracelet off and buy a black leather band and if you ever want to sell you have a Like New Watch.:wink:

sandoz has good bracelet?i hear not so good quality!

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
He just said it has a steel bracelet...not that it has a good steel bracelet! My Seiko 5 has a steel bracelet that feels and sounds more like tin.

·
Registered
805 Posts
go with the davosa. sandoz watches are a little shady with respect to the authenticity of the movement--the same watch comes in two varieties where one model is made in hong kong one model is made in singapore and both claim to be eta. pretty doubtful at that. the band on the sandoz is flimsy--your run of the mill ebay $20 band is probably equally good. the davosa as i understand has real eta movements. invicta is ok.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Davosa in a heartbeat :thumbup1:
I agree with the skepticism about Sandoz, and if I never see another low end Invicta it'll be to soon - they just scream "home shopping network" to me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts