WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this may be my next watch, but I've got some questions about it.

1. Is the magnification over the date higher than the Invicta Japan models?
  2. How many beats per hour does the movement have, and it is smoother than the Miyota movement?
  3. Is the bezel similar to the Rolex Submariner, and is it bi-directional?
  4. What is the average cost of it?
Thanks in adavanced for your help. Also, any current owners of one, I would love to see some pictures if you have any. :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
How about a 9939 same watch different color. BTW mine holds a Swiss ETA 2824 undet the hood.

Bad picture the gold actually the same as all of my true gold jewelry

Uni-directional Bezel, 28,8000 BPH (8 Beats per second) 3X's magnification, Much smoother than a 21 Jewel Myiota ( dosen't stutter around the dial dosen't pause when setting time), runs anywhere from 300-600 retail 1,100 (if you believe those things) two different style bezels (CE)coin edge or Scalloped bezel solid watch. I believe Invicta now uses the SW200 in this model now.

hope this helps

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well, being a diver's watch the bezel is only uni-directional which is preferable IMO. The Movement is a Swiss Selita SW200 which is a drop in replacement (not clone) to the the 2824 used in many Swiss watches. It is going to be smoother than many Seiko/Citizen autos. I've seen the prices drop a little recently due to the release of the 44** series divers which are bigger, have 300m wr and have nicer bezels. While I'm not sure of the magnification, I've read it is better than that of the 8926's.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well, as long as they employ either the 2824, 775x, Sw200. There are some Eta's that are 21.6K but I bet Invicta uses the 28.8k BPH movements.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yeah, I've never owned either of the 89** series of Invicta's but they seem to be pretty popular for the most part. I went ahead and bought a little above those for the 4469, I wanted the swiss movement, sapphire crystal, higher depth rating, and better bracelet, among other things. I think if you jump to the 9937 you'll be surprised at the better quality for not much more money.

·
Registered
759 Posts
No, the 44** series are 43mm vs. 40mm (or is it 45, and 43??). I believe the 44** series uses a thicker bracelet,they both use the same movements. The 44** are all Swiss made vs. Swiss Movement. And the 44** series has a 300m vs. 200m depth rating.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Greg,

The 9937 is currently out of production although stock exists in the hands of some etailers. Unless you purchase a used model or get lucky, the watch will come with a SW200 movement since the ETA 2824-2 has not been used in that watch in about one year.

The case/bracelet is heavier, the cyclops magnification is better, and the movement a bit smoother than your 89xx watch but the 9937's are in short supply for the moment.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
My 9937 was purchased last September for $302.00 from a dealer on ebay. It has the Omega style bezel and the SW200 movement. For the money it has got to be a great value. I did take the back off to adjust the movement and have it keeping almost perfect time as long as I'm wearing it. On it's back it will gain so I keep it close by sitting it crown up for night. +2 to +4 seconds per day is the norm. I also think that the colder temperatures make it run fast. If I was going to spend a little more I would go for the Debaufre Ocean 1.
John

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 9937 was purchased last September for $302.00 from a dealer on ebay. It has the Omega style bezel and the SW200 movement. For the money it has got to be a great value. I did take the back off to adjust the movement and have it keeping almost perfect time as long as I'm wearing it. On it's back it will gain so I keep it close by sitting it crown up for night. +2 to +4 seconds per day is the norm. I also think that the colder temperatures make it run fast. If I was going to spend a little more I would go for the Debaufre Ocean 1.
John
I thought about getting one of those, but I preferred the Steinhart-branded model. There was one for sale on this site not long ago, but I didn't jump on it fast enough. :(

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I think this may be my next watch, but I've got some questions about it.

1. Is the magnification over the date higher than the Invicta Japan models?
  2. How many beats per hour does the movement have, and it is smoother than the Miyota movement?
  3. Is the bezel similar to the Rolex Submariner, and is it bi-directional?
  4. What is the average cost of it?
Thanks in adavanced for your help. Also, any current owners of one, I would love to see some pictures if you have any. :)

the magnification is much better.
the movt is smoother and have more power reserve.
the bezel is unidirectional.
around $270

1 - 17 of 17 Posts