WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something special about the relationship between an automatic watch and it's wearer. It's difficult to explain, but after having owned the 8926 for six months now wearing regular quartz watches just doesn't feel as satisfying. Maybe it's the way it makes you think about the motion of your arm - no longer an involuntary movement, but a breathe of life to the companion on your wrist - or perhaps it's the way a sweeping second hand can mesmerize for what seems to be an eternity.
Not only is this watch a delight to carry on your wrist, it's also as durable as it is beautiful. As I said I have had my 8926A for six months now, and it has had wrist time almost everyday since it came out of the box. I have had nothing but compliments on it since day one, the most perculiar of which was when an owner of a vintage submariner commented on how impressively similar they were. Being 17, a drummer, lifeguard, and swim instructor, the 21 jewel myota movement gets its fair share of activity. Part of the reason I chose this watch was the water resistance to which I remain very pleased with. Even though the deepest I dive is 5m, I teach 3 times a week, so it gets an average of 7 hours in the pool per week. It feels natural in the water as well, not too bulky but large enough to let you know it's there. I have exposed it to everything from hot tubs to steam rooms, pool chemicals and heavy duty cleaners, never once have I questioned the quality or durability of this watch. It has proven time and time again how amazing it is, and continues to do so. I would definitely recommend this watch to anyone who wants a timepiece that is more than a shiny piece of wrist candy. It has been my first automatic and will most sertainly not be my last.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 8926 has to be the most successful watch in Invicta history - not to mention its most reliable model ever, even with the recent movement switch.
It was my understanding that the switch to the Seiko NH35A over the Miyota movement was a step up on quality and reliability. Do you think the opposite is the case?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zqqfia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts