WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been reading from this forum a lot but I am new here still. A lot of good info in the forum, thanks to everyone!

Just ordered my Invicta 8926 OBV3 (with the coin edge bezel and NH35A movement) last week and its suppose to arrive today. Paid $100 with shipping, brand new from ebay.

I got it for every day use and will use it with NATO bands.

I have have been in different forums and it seems like everyone agrees that the 8926 is one of the best subs for your buck. It is reliable, very inexpensive and so on.

But I wanted to know what are your opinion :001_unsure:

Did I make the right choice going with the 8926obv3 or are there better options?

what has been your experience with the 8926 and what can be useful info for me?

Thanks a lot for all the help guys and I will post pix after I get the watch :cool1::biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
Don't worry. If this is your first Invicta (you don't specify) it's a good entry-level watch for both the brand and that it's an automatic.
* The Miyota 8215 movement is a nice workhorse. Being an 8926-OBV3 you have the newest version of that movt...hopefully there won't be any bugs to work out.
* A 41mm case is pushing the limits on what looks proper on the wrist, but not a big deal.
* Don't get too careless when around hard surfaces. The "flame fusion crystal" is basically nothing more than tempered glass. I see a lot of guys here and on other sites needing to replace broken crystals. Try not to become one of them.
* The Miyota movement is capable of respectable accuracy over several days if taken care of and by this I mean a break-in period. When you wear it for the first time, give the crown at least 20 full turns towind the mainspring. Lots of guys think it'll be OK to just shake it a few times and let the rotor do its thing...and then they wonder why it stops after half a day. Do this at least once a day for about 2 weeks. YOU CAN NOT "OVERWIND" AN AUTOMATIC movement, so crank away.
Basically what you're doing is getting the watch used to running 24 hours a day. And the more often you keep the mainspring tight, the quicker it will settle into running consistantly.

This is how I broke mine in and it runs about +10 seconds per day. Not bad for a mechanical watch for under a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry. If this is your first Invicta (you don't specify) it's a good entry-level watch for both the brand and that it's an automatic.
* The Miyota 8215 movement is a nice workhorse. Being an 8926-OBV3 you have the newest version of that movt...hopefully there won't be any bugs to work out.
* A 41mm case is pushing the limits on what looks proper on the wrist, but not a big deal.
* Don't get too careless when around hard surfaces. The "flame fusion crystal" is basically nothing more than tempered glass. I see a lot of guys here and on other sites needing to replace broken crystals. Try not to become one of them.
* The Miyota movement is capable of respectable accuracy over several days if taken care of and by this I mean a break-in period. When you wear it for the first time, give the crown at least 20 full turns towind the mainspring. Lots of guys think it'll be OK to just shake it a few times and let the rotor do its thing...and then they wonder why it stops after half a day. Do this at least once a day for about 2 weeks. YOU CAN NOT "OVERWIND" AN AUTOMATIC movement, so crank away.
Basically what you're doing is getting the watch used to running 24 hours a day. And the more often you keep the mainspring tight, the quicker it will settle into running consistantly.

This is how I broke mine in and it runs about +10 seconds per day. Not bad for a mechanical watch for under a hundred bucks.

Thanks so much for the info.

Yes it is my first invicta but definately not my first watch lol I am a bit obsessed with watches and currently own around 13 I think after I gave away more than half of what I had because I didnt have time to wear them all in one month lol

as far a winding, I always do wind my automatic watches 20 to 30 times maybe twice a day. it will be used daily because I want something to use every day, when I go to the pool, camping, hiking, etc so I hope I dont break it soon because I usually am good with keeping my watches in good condition.

I was thinking of changing the glass with sapphire, what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
5,543 Posts
You say in your first post the movement is an NH35A. That is not a Miyota. It is from a company called Time Module, Ltd. in Hong Kong and is basically a Seiko movement. Does the second hand stop when you pull the crown? The NH35A is a hand winding automatic and the movement hacks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You say in your first post the movement is an NH35A. That is not a Miyota. It is from a company called Time Module, Ltd. in Hong Kong and is basically a Seiko movement. Does the second hand stop when you pull the crown? The NH35A is a hand winding automatic and the movement hacks.

Yes the movement is not miyota. You are correct it's seiko movement and it is hackable

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
Ooops! :blush:
Thanks for the correction, SFwg. Not having a OBV3, I was relying on another person's review.
That'll teach me not to believe everything I read on other watch sites! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.