WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this 8926 for a good price except one thing. The stem tube is screwed into the crown and not attached to the case. my question is the a fix for this , does the stem tube screw into the case os is it pressed in. check the pic of the watch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Bummer!! There is a fix but take it local. Its not worth the money or time to send it to Invicta. I'm not sure how the tube is normally affixed to the case (pressed or glued or both) but if someone can enlighten us perhaps you can attempt this yourself. I will have to pay more attention when I open up my next watch. Good luck and keep us updated on how you proceed. It'll be good information to have.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok here is the deal. The stem tube has no threads, so you have put crazy glue , just a tad. in the hole where the stem tube goes into, take your watch maker's hammer and tap it in and there you go, repaired. I went to my Yoda watch maker and he said,"ok padawan look and learn." by the time he finished the sentence he fixed my watch. The cost "ZERO", now I'm gonna guess some watches the stem tube has threads, the 8926 doesn't. So let's see how long it lasts with the crazy glue. I think it was crazy glue or maybe some super watch maker's glue. I should have asked. So if this happens to anyone else, this is how you fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.