WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Invicta #2: WOW!

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, my second Invicta came in the mail today. It's a Swiss-made Times Square Automatic.

All I can say is "Wow!"

The watch is much bigger than I expected it to be, and quite hefty. I love the flip-open back which reveals the movement.

Some pics:

http://www.onstagephotography.com/images/hugeinvicta04-01.jpg

Some things I don't like:

Primarily, the strap. I think a brown croc would look amazing on this. I don't know if it'll be difficult or not to find, as the strap is quite wide (haven't measured it). Along with the new strap will be a deployment clasp, which I'm a big fan of.

The spring bars on this watch seem to be just an iota too short, as the strap comes undone pretty easily. I'll look into that during the week.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'll give it an "8" right now, mainly because of the strap. It's really the only downside I see with it. The overall size will take some getting used to; it sits pretty high on the wrist but, honestly, I can see that happening pretty readily.

I found this one on eBay, bid up to $100.00, and got it for $99.00. This morning, I found two others on eBay. One was $319.00, and the other was $379.00.

I'm pretty happy with the deal I got...

See less See more
#4 ·
Not my style (I don't like quadratic timepieces) but looks ok. The back looks cool, nice engraved. And great deal also, enjoy your new watch. :thumbup1:

#30 ·
Invicta #2, Part Deux...

So, I took the watch to my local favorite jeweler, hoping she would have, at the very least, spring bars that were the proper length.

Well, what she found was that the spring bars were fine. The hole in the band, through which the spring bar passes, was actually too small, and was keeping the spring bar from expanding fully. She bored the hole out slightly and, voila, the spring bars work fine, the band stays put, and now all is right with the world.

Total cost: $5.00.

I wore the watch for the entire second half of the work day today, and I'm finding that I'm really liking it. The size; that is, how high it sits on the wrist, is taking some getting used to, but I love the weight, and it definitely grabs people's attention.

I'm still going to swap the band out, at some point, for a brown croc with deployment, but at least I can wear it without the fear of it falling off.

So, I'm diggin' it.

Big time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.