WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Jim said that in 2007, Invicta sold 1.7 million watches and in 2008 they forecast selling 2 million watches!

Impressive!

I intend to buy 2-5 at least.

Do you think these are real numbers and secondly, how many Invictas do you think you'll buy?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'd bet they were, but I wonder if they deduct returns, and count re purchases? And I'm sure I'll buy another 8-10+ this year, don't know which ones but I'll know them when I see them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Wow! Jim said that in 2007, Invicta sold 1.7 million watches and in 2008 they forecast selling 2 million watches!

Impressive!

I intend to buy 2-5 at least.

Do you think these are real numbers and secondly, how many Invictas do you think you'll buy?
I intend to buy 2-5 also...this month! Seriously though, for me a lot depends on the Sunday run. There are so many models that I have my eye on, but am holding off just to see what kind of sick deal is to be had. One off the truck my be better than three from elsewhere. I'll be p!$$ed if it's a ladies model, my wife doesn't share my interest!

That said, there's a nice deal out there on an automatic ProDiver that I'd like to get for my brother. The price is too good to pass on, he's never owned an automatic, and he just announced that he and wifey are expecting! There's my good deed for the year...

It's just my belief that since men don't get earrings or necklaces, bracelets, etc. like women do, each guy should have a few good watches that are worth talking about.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Agreed, Watches are like diamonds for men. I tell the people at work that my wife likes expensive purses and I like my expensive watches (well, anything over $100 is expensive to the general public). Nothin wrong with a fine watch!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Scary though......With an impending recession, it is very hard for companies like Invicta to stay strong...They are high volume slim margin....The only way they grow is to sell more watches each year....I don't see them selling as many.....They are made offshore, the dollar is weakening so prices will have to rise let alone the movement issue. You only need to see the deals on TV as to what's happening. hang on guys!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Agreed mgiraz, a company can only grow so fast and for so long... too much growth can be a bad thing. Like you said, with the lower interest rate and the "pumping of billions of dollars into our economy" I think we may be headed for a recession and inflation and a further weakening of the dollar and the increasing price of imports... eek!

·
Banned
135 Posts
i am waiting on something to catch my eye...i would love to find a mechanical RD to call my own or that perpetual calendar if i could find one....

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I wonder how many of that 1.7 million is made up of the 49.99 quartz watches that I sometimes see at BJ's and the various inexpensive Activas etc.?

·
Banned
927 Posts
I wonder if that's worldwide or US sales. My guess is worldwide.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will contribute to that 2 million by buying more watches.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
5,433 Posts

Impressive!

Take it with grain of salt!

It's typical of TV speak.

As usual there is no verification except what we hear on the TV.

·
Registered
788 Posts
True Foggy, oh and BTW, happy belated birth day! I'd bet it is world wide as well, it would be really impressive it were just US sales but I don't know why he would just state the States sales.

·
Registered
788 Posts
They aren't in retail much and I don't know if they would do well there... they have somewhat inflated retail prices and often sell well below their MSRP's. So, they would have to lower their suggested retail so that the B&M stores could keep up with Shop and e-tailers.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I wonder if that's worldwide or US sales. My guess is worldwide.
We speculated on that here awhile back and it was interesting that right after that discussion that took place here on the next show Eyal specifically said that it was the Inivicta brand and US sales.

Me thinks Eyal DOES read this forum.

Dave

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Anyone have an idea where Invicta sells most of it's watches? I rarely see them in retail stores.

They are sold in one big mall retailer and also at a mall chain of watch stores-often at a lower price than that TV channel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts