WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my invicta on eBay and it's a chronograph bolt pu 18 kt rose gold plated. My question is does this watch have a sweeping main second hand or does it tick? Mine ticks and it's msrp is 1495 and I purchased it for considerably less. Here's a pic. I'm feeling pretty good about it being authentic but there is a slight concern so I wanted to post pics and get some more educates people's opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I'll move this to the Invicta forum so you have a much better chance of informed replies. Without knowing anything about Invictas, my guess would be that there is so much detail in the dial and the bits on the side of the case that it would be too hard to fake, and probably not worth the trouble (too low a return on the time required to fake something as detailed as this model).

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
I should hope you got it for a lot less! :biggrin: Invicta loves to use grossly-inflated numbers in it's MSRP...the going rate for the Bolt is around the two hundred dollar mark.
And except for the watches from years ago that were driven by small electric motors, they all "tick". The question is how often do they tick, or to put it another way, how many times per second does the second-hand move? The average quartz movement (as in the 0978) is made so the second-hand moves once every second. Mechanical movements have second-hands that move (or sweep, if you will) 5 to 8 times per second. And a watch like the Bulova Precisionist has one that seems to move roughly 16 times per second. Needless to say, the more movements per second, the smoother the second hand appears to travel around the dial.
You have no need for concern.

Reactions: h2oburymatt

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
It's an old sales gimmick... it's supposed to make you feel like you're getting a sweet deal. And they know they won't fool everybody- they're not trying to. They know perfectly well serious watch guys like us will buy Invictas because...let's face it... they do give you a lot of bang for your buck! Invicta is trying to lure in those guys (and gals) who DON'T know that much about watches.

Invicta is far from the first company to use pumped-up MSRP in their advertising and they will be far from the last to do it. They just carry it way too far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya thanks I love it, very big and flashy lol. I got it for around 250 on eBay brand new. After looking around I see it was an awewome deal. And I'm positive its authentic now lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.