WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought INVICTA 0076. But I noticed that the "INVICTA" symbol is different then the one they sell on the INVICTA site. If you look at the invicta symbol on the watch that I bought. There is no "water resistance 200m 660ft" wording. But on the official site there is. Why is this? Fake or not?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought INVICTA 0076. But I noticed that the "INVICTA" symbol is different then the one they sell on the INVICTA site. If you look at the invicta symbol on the watch that I bought. There is no "water resistance 200m 660ft" wording. But on the official site there is. Why is this? Fake or not?
Take same pictures of it and let us se.

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
There's a sad truth these days- if it's worth selling, it's worth counterfeiting!
In researching sites that don't mind admitting their products are reproductions, I've seen some incredibly low-priced watches being faked. But, having said that, I've yet to see a counterfeit Invicta. (However, there's a first time for everything)

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
What gets me is that there is no "WATER RESISTANT / 200 M 660 FT" under the brand name. This is not necessarily proof that it's fake. I believe it probably means that this watch was meant to be sold OUTSIDE the United States. I believe the rating is required by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission), whereas watches outside this country do not have such a restriction.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What gets me is that there is no "WATER RESISTANT / 200 M 660 FT" under the brand name. This is not necessarily proof that it's fake. I believe it probably means that this watch was meant to be sold OUTSIDE the United States. I believe the rating is required by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission), whereas watches outside this country do not have such a restriction.
I did run across a photo the other day from a known good seller of this watch without the rating on the dial so IMO that is proof that there are some around without it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.