WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently found this forum and just decided to join. I'm from the Netherlands and I love, maybe you can guess, watches. After wearing Seiko and Pulsar watches and some La Coste and Armani crap I decided to move up a notch. I'm currently wearing Maurice Lacroix but I would like a more sporty watch in the Submariner/Seamaster style. Due to my other (maybe even more expensive) hobby I'm currently not able to buy my favorite: Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (metal on metal).

In the meanwhile I thought I'd give Invicta a try because I like the looks of the 4469 and since we'll probably be seeing a lot more of the SW200 movement anyway so why not see what it's about.

So I did order in the 4469 and I'll be waiting for it to come in. Because the people in the Dutch forums aren't to stoked about Invicat I thought I'd share my opinions here.

I think that's enough for an introduction, now here's my question.

I read about the SW200 movements and I've read a few posts where people were saying that the SW200 is even showing up in newer Breitling models. Can somebody confirm this? And if so what models are using the SW200? Do they alter it a bit and give it their own caliber name?

More than one questions that is... :blush:

So if you know something about this please share and if you guys got questions for me... Shoot!

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Hello xuesheng and welcome to the Original Invicta Forum.

I know for a fact that Breitling, Oris, Marcello C and Chase-Durer are all using the SW200 movement and Invicta was one of the first. I have two watches with the movement and it is solid. Sellita has been making ETA ebauches that are essentially ETA 2824 movement bases for some time. You would be happy to have a watch with the movement.

BTW, what is your OTHER hobby?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! Know any Breitling models ticking on the SW 200?

And for the other hobby... Besides my desire to collect watches, I collect tattoos :wink:

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Thanks for the info! Know any Breitling models ticking on the SW 200?

And for the other hobby... Besides my desire to collect watches, I collect tattoos :wink:
I suggest you check in with our WTF Breitling forum and pose that question. I am sure Scottie et al can help with your question.

Tatoos? What a colorful hobby. . .;)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Welcome xuesheng, I agree with Rusty. You will be very happy with the SW200, I also own 2 watches with this movement and they are great! Much more accurate than I ever expected them to be.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
tattoos

Welcom to the forum!:thumbup1:

While I do not collect tattoos, it does seem that I acquired two in my younger days!:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I own more than 2 ;) The next one being an alarmclock haha.

But to be on the subject. I really look forward to receive the watch. Just heard it will be send to me after monday and with me living in the Netherlands I'll probably have to wait a while. But in the meantime I'll just look at the watches all you guys post...

Don't know if it is an all Invacta forum only? If you are interested I can shoot some pics of my Maurice Lacroix timepiece. Just let me know!

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
This one is pretty much an Invicta forum but feel free to visit our General Forum where all watch brands are welcome for pic posting and discussion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts