WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first off, i'm returning to the watch community after a 3+ year hiatus (had a major life event that sidetracked me from a lot of activities). Anyway, it didn't take 30 minutes of browsing on one of the sales boards to fully awaken the old addiction.

One watch i always intended to pickup was a 42mm Planet Ocean and for some reason never got around to it. I've been noticing them on the sales boards, and a couple with notations they had come back from a warranty svc. I didn't think much about it till i was talking to someone this afternoon, a hobby watchmaker who seemed intelligent enough but he indicated the Cal 2500 co-axial movements have issues - is there any truth to this?

I've had a few Omegas and love them, as well as the svc folks at Omega Switzerland.

If this question opens old wounds or it's an issue that going to get folks blood pressure up, my apologies in advance - that's not my intent. Just want to know before i pull the trigger on one.
BTW, reading the review on the new blue PO titanium liquidmetal that just came out is what re-awakened my interest.

tks in advance

PS - nevermind - just did a search and all i can say is "wow". Glad i had the conversation this afternoon i did.

·
Banned
2,653 Posts
The a & b 2500 co-axials had problems but Omega sorted that out with the 2500c by decreases the bpm to 25,500. The 2500c on my 45.5mm PO has never given me a problem. But if you want something even better, the new PO with the 8500 caliber is the one to get. I have handled one at an Omega store and boy are they fantastic!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you buy a 8500, make shure it has the Si14 spring. It seems like the first 8500 didn't. I've seen PO:s without the Si14-marking on the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts