WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to join this forum, and although I may not be a very active member but I will do what I can. I primarily collect British military insignia for nurses, VADs and FANYs. Therefore I will occasionally pick up a nurses fob watch that I might like information on.

Have two pet bunnies and in our world, bunnies rule!

Terry

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome, Terry37. Love to see any watch you come up with. Speaking of military insignias, We have my wife's aunt's U S Navy patches from WWII, the ruptured duck and other insignias. I believe she worked in the supply end for the Navy as she was a bookkeeper in real life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Walt. Be very proud of your wife's aunt's service. Women serving in he military in WW2 was not easy, but certainly easier than it was in WWI. If you can, you all should hang on to those items of hers and pass them on to the next generation.

My father was a pilot in WWII and you can see a little about him here.

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/heroes/allanwebb/allanwebb.shtml

I only have the one watch at present, but you can see a picture of it in this thread.

https://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/thread165589.html

Stay well,

Terry

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a watch from my great-great-great-great grandfather, Abraham Bragaw Brinckerhoff, from 1847, 7th Regiment, NYS Militia, Silk Stocking brigade, all of the books written about them, his dress epaulets and some uniform buttons, his Shako hat metal emblem, my grandfathers shaving kit from WWI, pictures of my grandfather in front of his father's house in 1918, he was artillery, some of my father's stuff from WWII, he was a Bosun's mate on a transport, USS Dorothea Dix, 1942-45, USS Merrick in the Pacific 1945-6, D-Day, North Africa, Sicily, etc. My brother just copied his maps of his voyages all during the war and is sending copies out. The watch and other stuff from my great, great, great, great grandfather is being passed down to my cousin's son eventually. My sister and I are both amateur geneologists and have expanded the family tree three fold in the last 25 years.Love what you have from your dad, I had most of my dad's stuff but sent it to my older brother in California 20 years ago because he looked just like my dad, was a vet himself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts