WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Take a look at the tuning fork. Clark's are thinner and the screen printing is crisper. I like them though. At least to put on a spaceview for daily use.
I bought my Spaceview from Ludmil but it does have a Clark crystal. On the first crystal the circle of dots and hash marks was off center. He replaced the crystal with another and it is perfect. That's the kind of stuff I have heard about Clark crystals. Probably should source a NOS crystal but just haven't gotten around to it. Interesting, Ludmil recommends against the NOS crystals saying they are more brittle and yellow faster.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought my Spaceview from Ludmil but it does have a Clark crystal. On the first crystal the circle of dots and hash marks was off center. He replaced the crystal with another and it is perfect. That's the kind of stuff I have heard about Clark crystals. Probably should source a NOS crystal but just haven't gotten around to it. Interesting, Ludmil recommends against the NOS crystals saying they are more brittle and yellow faster.
Who is Ludmil?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Who is Ludmil?
Ludmil Balevski is the guy in Bulgaria I discovered as a seller on eBay last year. He used to live in the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but moved back to his father country. He has the parts and equipment to service all six calibers of Accutrom mvts. and has sold and serviced more than 3,000 Accutrons in his career. I bought three Accutrons from him last year and have had him service several of mine. Two more will go out to him shortly. His price for service is very reasonable and he does a good job. The 221 mvt. Ladies Accutrons I bought from him (for my daughter and grand daughters) and others I have had him service are all running well. He is also great with the 230 mvt. I bought a new 230 Ladies Accutron for my wife in 1974. It always ran but never what I would call satisfactorily. He serviced it last year and it sounds better and runs better than ever. His eBay seller's name is Anticvarius. A member here recently bought a watch from him.

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
A member here recently bought a watch from him.
I have bought two from him. One in July and one is in the mail, bound for the US as we speak. Pricing is very reasonable and they keep excellent time and you can just tell the quality of his work. He has a great selection. Both of mine have been 2182's. When I have a craving for an accutron, he is my go to guy. Its almost too easy to buy a nice watch from him.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Very true. I with Clark would just redo the screen. The yellowing gives it that vintage look though! What bothers me is brown lume on original hands... It's hard to find a nice clean set of hands anymore

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ludmil Balevski is the guy in Bulgaria I discovered as a seller on eBay last year. He used to live in the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but moved back to his father country. He has the parts and equipment to service all six calibers of Accutrom mvts. and has sold and serviced more than 3,000 Accutrons in his career. I bought three Accutrons from him last year and have had him service several of mine. Two more will go out to him shortly. His price for service is very reasonable and he does a good job. The 221 mvt. Ladies Accutrons I bought from him (for my daughter and grand daughters) and others I have had him service are all running well. He is also great with the 230 mvt. I bought a new 230 Ladies Accutron for my wife in 1974. It always ran but never what I would call satisfactorily. He serviced it last year and it sounds better and runs better than ever. His eBay seller's name is Anticvarius. A member here recently bought a watch from him.
I have bought two from him. One in July and one is in the mail, bound for the US as we speak. Pricing is very reasonable and they keep excellent time and you can just tell the quality of his work. He has a great selection. Both of mine have been 2182's. When I have a craving for an accutron, he is my go to guy. Its almost too easy to buy a nice watch from him.
Thanks for the info guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.