WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want a giggle, have a look at listing # 220906373789 on the eSwamp. It's what seems to be a decent TT Mate, offered by one of the "experts" behind the watch bible.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Let's see, two tone case, right?

Case back last four digits "3320". Engraving on mid-case is "3328".

All I have to say is...

Enjoy,
gatorcpa

·
Registered
192 Posts
All,

As I wrote on the WTF just this week, matching case numbers is critical for two tone Illinois wristwatches. Glad folks are attuned to this important feature.

Thanks
FJF

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And a Mate looks a bit odd with an Atlantic dial. He is also selling an Atlantic... with a dial that also does not seem quite right.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The thing I find interesting about his listings is, there is never a mention if the watch runs or not. A lot of keys to decipher as to condition of the parts cosmetically but, nothing about the running condition. Wouldn't want to buy a used car from an ad like this..........................

·
Registered
192 Posts
The thing I find interesting about his listings is, there is never a mention if the watch runs or not. A lot of keys to decipher as to condition of the parts cosmetically but, nothing about the running condition. Wouldn't want to buy a used car from an ad like this..........................
Not I Indyago

FJF

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed! And when someone uses the "bible" to price a watch or to condirm that a Franken is correct, I giggle inside.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Agreed! And when someone uses the "bible" to price a watch or to condirm that a Franken is correct, I giggle inside.

One day I will share a surprising and disappointing story about the " Bible".

Thanks
FJF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts