WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does a watch have to be worth before you insure it? I'm wondering whether I should insure a $1000 Invicta; I'm thinking no. We have things like my wife's engagement ring and a couple of heirloom pieces insured for loss, but if my watch falls off my wrist, I think I'd know.:001_rolleyes:

Those of you that have taken out insurance on watches, do you do it for the whole collection or by individual watches? Is it part of your homeowner's policy or do you have something separate? Someone give me the scoop.:confused1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your insurance agent should be able to give you a blanket policy for the value of all jewelry, and if you have pieces as expensive as an engagement ring you probably just have to declare the watch and it should have little or no effect on the premium.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
for jewelry, antiques, watches, collectibles, furs and the like you need an appraisal. Otherwise you roll the dice and the majority of the time you shoot snake-eyes. The appraisal becomes part of a rider on your home owner policy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts