WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an interesting site here! I was looking for some information on a Bulova I recently purchased, and happened upon it. Some really neat information, here!!

I have inherited an Omega Constellation from my grandfather. As I understand it, it is from the 30s or 40's and belonged to my great-grandfather, before getting to me through my grandfather. I'd like to take it someplace to try and get the vintage verified (not that it's EVER going to go to anyone other than my sons), and have it repaired so I can wear it. I don't have the first clue how to go about getting that done, and was hoping someone here might know. Would I contact Omega for something like that? Are there well-known repair shops that would be more trusted to deal with this sort of thing, than others? I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and would prefer to deal with someone local, if possible.

Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
Hi Froggy. Constellations weren't made that far back - they were introduced in the early 50's. You have a 50's watch, possibly a reference 2852, and if the picture were a little clearer we could tell you how original the dial is. From what little I can make out the fonts look correct in the center black portion. Push the flower button on your camera to put it in macro mode which allows in-focus close-ups. If you twist the watch around, does it feel like a coin is bouncing around inside? If so, it's what we call a "bumper" automatic, and if not, it's a full rotor automatic. Nice watch, and fantastic heirloom.

Don't go through Omega. It'll cost an arm & a leg and they may replace parts with newer ones that will ruin the watch as an heirloom and to a collector. Hopefully somebody can recommend a local watchmaker. If not, shoot a PM (private message) to member N2FHL and ask him about service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. That was a quick iPhone picture. I'll take a better one with our real camera this evening. This is going to be an interesting ride little exercise. I've not managed to find any pictures of a Constellation that has the pie pan face, and also numbers in all 12 positions. I am going to see if I can find a good horologist somewhere here in the metroplex to try and shed some light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.