WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SAM_0858 - Copy.jpg SAM_0859.jpg SAM_0860.jpg I have a watch called a trenton. I belive the ingersoll coy took the m over about 1920. Would this watch have any value .It has a very ornate case with the no 28190. Its ahunter type case and I think it is gold filled but not stamped. The movement no is 986321. Any info would be appreciated. it also has the word tornado stamped on the inside cover. Bill.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I believe that to be a pocket watch, correct?

Most of the discussions here are centered around wrist watches, but don't fret just yet. We have a great group of American watch enthusiasts here at WTF. I'm going to move this over to the American forum to see if you'll get a better reply.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I have a watch called a trenton. I belive the ingersoll coy took the m over about 1920. Would this watch have any value .It has a very ornate case with the no 28190. Its ahunter type case and I think it is gold filled but not stamped. The movement no is 986321. Any info would be appreciated. Bill
Welcome to the American Billy:

Would love to see a photo of your watch!
We have a bunch of Ingersoll fans here

Check out this photo tutorial and snap away!
G

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/faqs-guidelines-rules/47067.htm#post424866

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
It does sound like a pocket watch. Without pictures it is almost impossible to tell anything about the watch, but my initial guess is $25 - $60.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Trenton Watch Company was in business from 1890 to 1908, having changed their name from New Haven Watch Company, and then in 1908 sold out to Ingersoll.

Based on the S/N, and according to the 1996 Shugart and Gilbert book, that would be an 18s , model 5. For more than that, you'll really need to post a picture. For example, gold filled cases were often not stamped 'gold filled', but rather 'J Boss, Warranted' or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts