WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am the e-commerce person for a charitable organization and received a Seamaster 600 from one of our donors.
I am wondering about how much I should ask for it.
If someone could give a ballpark figure as well as some general information of this watch, it would be
sincerely appreciated :)

Serial: 24054705 (I THINK the last digit is a "5" -- please see photos in Directory link, below)
Case: 136.011

The index containing all the images is at:
www.rickshrum.com/seamaster-600/

Sincerely,
Rick S.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
You watch is from 1966 according to the serial number. Looks in decent shape for a donation! That Speidel bracelet (an arm hair grabber :sad:) was appropriate as a dealer option back then. I didn't see if the crown had the Omega logo on it in your photos. Fair warning that it's a tough market right now if you're selling it.

Here's the closest eBay sale I could find for reference. It was the only one that came up when I searched completed listings using "Omega" as the brand, "1940 - 1969" as the age, and typed "Seamaster 600" to narrow the search.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GENUINE-VINTAGE...39:1|66:2|65:13|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The one I found is very close - both yours and this one have a manual wind calibre (611 in yours - I have the same in my Seamaster De Ville from 1960 - and 613 in the eBay example). I'm not sure about your dial however. Most of it looks original but something isn't quite right about the "M" in OMEGA. The eBay watch is an admitted refinished dial and it looks identical to yours, font wise. I'd have to actually get my hands on yours to be sure, but it's safe to figure getting $150 - $250 for it depending on how hot the buyer is. Not having the raised relief seahorse on the back isn't helping, but at least you have a screw-on case back instead of a front loading movement where the bezel and crystal must be removed. Here's the back of my SS / 14K front loading De Ville with the seahorse:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey ulackfocus,

Wow, thanks so much for all the research and the Great info!
I am not a watch expert, so that really helped.
In my job, I have to learn a little bit about some rarities all the time.
Last week, I had to research a 1920's banjo someone donated.
Its all interesting work, but at times, the knowledge I gain is too specific
to carry over to anything else!
Watches seem different however. I have actually learned some useful and interesting things.
Sooo much to know tho.

BTW, I love the raised relief of the seahorse on yours - classy!

Well, again, thanks :)

PS I am in San Jose, Cali. if anyone is in the neighborhood and wants to look at the watch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.