WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and it only took a year and a half! I sent this watch in to the Texas facility late in 2010, and it was forwarded to LeSentier. Their estimate came to me on January 10th of 2011 - it would take 70+ weeks for the "intervention" (as JLC calls it :001_tongue:) to be completed. I'd say it went well!

As expected, it's in pristine shape and will immediately go into the rotation. :thumbup1: I think it's form 1946 according to the serial number chart in the back of Zaf's book. I'm waiting for confirmation from the factory.

Forgive the mediocre pics shot with a desk lamp. I'll grab better ones when I have good light and more time. Here's a q & d wrist shot:

Yes, it's relatively small compared to modern watches. 29-ish mm is the norm for that period though. I'm a sucker for gold dials. :001_rolleyes: Now I know how you Hamilton guys feel wearing your watches.

Hey Scott - I'll bring it to the next Tampa GTG. If you thought my AP Classique was puny on your wrist, imagine this! :laugh::lol:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Beautiful watch, like so many of your vintage dress watches!

29mm might be considered a women's watch now; I'm sure my wife would love it! :lol:

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

29mm might be considered a women's watch now; I'm sure my wife would love it! :lol:
I knew it wouldn't be long before somebody went there. I expected it to be Scott though. :laugh:

Lucky Windy doesn't like anything but white gold, platinum, or stainless steel. She won't wear the majority of my watches. :w00t:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.