WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while working to acquire my first Planet Ocean I set my self back a week or two with an impulse purchase. As my collection grows I do not doubt these impulses will inevitably dominate my collection.

Here was the selling point:

Any guesses?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to do some research on this watch and I have never seen that dial. I must admit to a little jealousy.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
There were quite a few dial variants, even a couple solid gold ones. Steve will probably see this and add some of the info he knows about them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple more photos

They feel slightly impersonal, being the sellers photographs...

But soon I'll be able to upload my own. This Constellation is in the mail and on its way :thumbup1:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This watch arrived today. Can anyone identify this guy as authentic before I decide to keep it? The 359**** serial number seems to fit with the 1972 157.0001 case reference. And it doesn't seem many people worry about stainless steel caliber 712 fakes.

Examples of these watches and all of the dial variations are hard to come by online so I'm just being careful. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, I am on the road and uploading from my phone. A friend is holding the package for me, but I am in a uniquely poor situation where the sellers photos are all I have to go on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And luckily for me his opinion is an important one. Being a WTF member is like having a vintage Omega expert on call 7 days a week!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts